PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross --Orlando, FL

test

rrussi
09-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Diana Ross did a great show last night, Sept. 3rd, Orlando, FL at Hard Rock Live, Universal Studios. She got a great review today, Sept. 4th, in the Orlando Sentinel.

smark21
09-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Review at link: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/blogs/soundboard/os-diana-ross-orlando-hard-rock-live-hosts-diana-ross-orlando-show-20130903,0,7752301.post

jobeterob
09-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Concert review: Diana Ross at Hard Rock Live

4:11 p.m. EDT, September 3, 2013

Pop music lovers rightfully swoon about Paul McCartney’s reverent treatment of Beatles classics in concert, a reaction that also would be appropriate at a Diana Ross show.

As influential as the Beatles were, it’s not too outrageous to argue that Ross contribution to music that an equally big deal. Her seminal 1960s work with the Supremes inspired both the Beatles and Michael Jackson, acts responsible for an enormous amount of pop culture in the second half of the 20th Century.

In a well-paced 90 minutes on Tuesday at Hard Rock Live, Ross offered a stylish overview of her long career. On paper, the set wasn’t much different from the singer’s previous shows in Central Florida, including a 2012 appearance at Universal’s Mardi Gras.

In reality, it unfolded with enough energy and production flourishes to seem like a particularly magic night.

“Look at you!” Ross gushed to the crowd in the opening moments. “I love you!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pictures: Shocking celebrity performances
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adorned in a glittering red gown accented by an enormous matching cape, Ross expressed her love with an opening burst that featured “I’m Coming Out,” “More Today Than Yesterday,” “My World Is Empty Without You,” “Baby Love” and “Stop! In the Name of Love.”

“Do you remember this one?” Ross needlessly asked in the introduction to the latter. It was delivered with the signature hand gestures, which the audience also knew.

Ross, who doesn’t seem to realize she’s 69, was accompanied by a 12-member ensemble that featured a 4-piece horn section and trio of backing vocalists. The singers and musicians occupied an attractive, if understated, stage framed by what looked like six enormous crescent moons. Ross executed costume changes into four different shades of gowns and capes.

Hits such as “Touch Me in the Morning,” “Love Child,” “Theme From Mahogany [[Do You Know Where You’re Going To)” and “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” were a reminder that pop songs don’t come any more durable.

Even better, Ross delivered a few expressive ballads that allowed her and the band to shine. “Don’t Explain,” from “Lady Sings the Blues,” was as gorgeous as the gowns.

"I Will Survive" was the flashy finale, but Ross returned [[in casual slacks and jacket) for “Reach Out and Touch [[Somebody’s Hand),” yet another chance to feel the love.