PDA

View Full Version : Diana Ross CEntral Park background singers

test

blueskies
09-03-2013, 11:27 PM
Does anyone know who Diana's background singers where at the Central Park concert?

skooldem1
09-04-2013, 12:08 AM
I think they were the same background singers from her 1979 HBO concert in Las Vegas. The Eddie Kendrick singers. Does anyone know if they have any connection to Motowns Edddie Kendricks?

Kamasu_Jr
09-04-2013, 12:56 AM
There was some discussion about this on the forum some time ago. Eddie Kendrix is not related to Eddie James Kendrick [[s).

whitesoxx
09-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Does anyone know who Diana's background singers where at the Central Park concert?

Bobby Glenn and Sharon whose last name I can't remember...

smark21
09-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Who cares? They’re just backpart singers. Weren’t they hidden in the pit or behind a thick curtain to ensure no Mary Wilson like upstaging? I wish Miss Ross would go back to that sort of staging as I find it very disturbing these days she lets her insignificant backpart singers share the stage with her and have solo parts and be allowed to showboat and think they’re important to her show. Miss Ross has mellowed far too much for my liking and she needs to get back to being the Diana Ross she used to be and if she can’t, she should retire.

rod_rick
09-04-2013, 08:04 AM
Bobby Glenn and Sharon whose last name I can't remember...

You are correct Bobby Glenn and Sharon Ross Wade. She brought in Raquel Cox for awhile also. When Sharon left it was Bobby & Raquel All three were part of the Eddie Kendrix Singers.

dba
09-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Some one asks a simple legit question and right away you have this hateful poster spewing bile. Sad that these people poison the forum.
Perhaps Ralph can ask Ray T. as I think he did the mixing on the show.

thommg
09-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Are they listed in the DVD credits? Usually background singers are listed in the credits.

whitesoxx
09-04-2013, 12:39 PM
You are correct Bobby Glenn and Sharon Ross Wade.

Thanks Rod_Rick for reminding me! They were such great singers and unfortunately they have both passed away apparently :-[[

And Ms Ross has been showcasing her backing singers and musicians for ages. When I saw her in 1985 she brought Sharon up on her "in the round" stage for the reprise of "Swept Away". Such an amazing voice she had!

rod_rick
09-04-2013, 03:24 PM
Thanks Rod_Rick for reminding me! They were such great singers and unfortunately they have both passed away apparently :-[[

And Ms Ross has been showcasing her backing singers and musicians for ages. When I saw her in 1985 she brought Sharon up on her "in the round" stage for the reprise of "Swept Away". Such an amazing voice she had!

Wow I heard that Bobby passed on, but I think Sharon is still with us unless she recently passed. I just googled her and she just had an event las month [[http://www.chieftain.com/life/1521946-120/church-veterans-breakfast-call). I used to see her at the bank that I worked for in Los Angeles in the late 80's from time to time. She was real pleasant we also had a mutual friend that she sang background for. I one asked her about Motown 25 and the only thing she would say that it was a real mess. She wouldn't place blame on anyone, just stated it was a mess. I believe Raquel is in germany performing with a group of young ladies doing cover tunes. By the look of her website their show stage very nicely.

smark21
09-04-2013, 08:23 PM
My post earlier today was tongue in cheek, emulating certain diva besodden Diana Ross fans I’ve seen around the net over the years who can’t hear anything in a Diana Ross recording concert or recording but her lead vocal. But at the same time, there seems to be a perverse fascination as to who exactly is singing background for Diana Ross over the years, whether on Supremes or solo recordings, or in concert, and such discussions usually cause pain and hurt for some fans. It’s weird.

Motown4Ever518
09-04-2013, 10:02 PM
My post earlier today was tongue in cheek, emulating certain diva besodden Diana Ross fans I’ve seen around the net over the years who can’t hear anything in a Diana Ross recording concert or recording but her lead vocal. But at the same time, there seems to be a perverse fascination as to who exactly is singing background for Diana Ross over the years, whether on Supremes or solo recordings, or in concert, and such discussions usually cause pain and hurt for some fans. It’s weird.

Thank you Smark for letting us in on the joke. It may be overdone when the artist acknowledges everyone and anyone including the person who squeezed the oranges in the morning, however the EK Singers were a joy.