Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
Great thread and don't even get me started but that phone thing has got to be my biggest pet peeve of ALL TIMES. Heck, I still use a flip phone and PROUD OF IT!
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  21.1 KB
I still have a flip phone, my first cell phone, which I only got less than 2 years ago, because a few of my clients and ALL my work partners demanded that I be reachable at crunch time. I hate using it. It has so many touch-activated functions that are set off just by my slightest body movement. I hate that. That's 10 times worse with smartphones, which is why I'll never get one. Same for pad-style computers. I'll carry around a MacBook, rather than get an I-pad. If I sneezed I set of 347 desktop functions or programmes, many of which I'll NEVER be able to close!
I'm dependent upon computers for my work, but often, I wish computers were never invented. Same for mobile phones, and passwords [[I have over 100 user names and passwords, most of which I can NEVER remember, as most of them have different rules about which keyboard characters must and can be used in user names and passwords. For most of my government, bank, commercial, and communication website account memberships, I must click on "forgot user name AND password" button, and receive them one-by-one, eventually, as I even forget my first, car, best friend's name, or mother's maiden name, or that I ever had a first car, first pet, or mother, or favourite colour. It's tough being old!

I hope "the next life" is less complicated!