[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Another video tape surfaced in which Paula Deen was discussing a friendship with a black gentleman s
    he apparently has known for a while. I'm paraphrasing, but she said the man was as black as an old school chalkboard. The man happened to be in her audience and she told him to stand up in the room, which was dark. She had him come into the light, because she said he was so dark, the people couldn't see him. It showed how ignorant she really is.
    May God have mercy on this ignorant and racist and bigoted stupid woman. I feel this is just the tip of the icebergs. My gut tell me theres a whole lot more going to come out on Miss Paula Dean.

Roberta

Paula Deen is not simply ignorant. She is evil and deliberate! She knows better. She knows what the impact of certain racial slurs are. They used them in the South and elsewhere to keep a particular segment of the population down and in their "place". I do not consider her ignorant. She's been on the Earth too long and have used those words too many times to not know that they are hateful.

She lost another sponsor tonight. Some large food company.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Paula Deen is not simply ignorant. She is evil and deliberate! She knows better. She knows what the impact of certain racial slurs are. They used them in the South and elsewhere to keep a particular segment of the population down and in their "place". I do not consider her ignorant. She's been on the Earth too long and have used those words too many times to not know that they are hateful.
    You contradicted yourself. You first say that she is "not simply ignorant", then you say you don't consider her ignorant. Which is it?

I do not believe she is evil, nor is she 100% ignorant. Sure, she knows her views are not popular on the large scale, that's why she was crying crocodile tears. But, when she gave that deposition on the stand, i'll bet that room was filled with White people, except for her "friend" who was as "black" as the chalkboard or wall". And, when she gave that interview, she searched for her words to explain away her views on slavery. She also knew she was in trouble when she had to explain away her idea of a "traditional" southern wedding for her brother.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You contradicted yourself. You first say that she is "not simply ignorant", then you say you don't consider her ignorant. Which is it?

I do not believe she is evil, nor is she 100% ignorant. Sure, she knows her views are not popular on the large scale, that's why she was crying crocodile tears. But, when she gave that deposition on the stand, i'll bet that room was filled with White people, except for her "friend" who was as "black" as the chalkboard or wall". And, when she gave that interview, she searched for her words to explain away her views on slavery. She also knew she was in trouble when she had to explain away her idea of a "traditional" southern wedding for her brother.
    No I do not contradict myself. Poor wording, poor typing is all I am guilty of! When I used the phrase that she is "not simply ignornant" my intent was to show how some people are characterizing Ms. Dean. This is what I mean: SHE IS NOT IGNORANT AT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO USING RACIAL OR ETHNIC SLURS!!!!!

She does that shit on purpose and anyone that believes that a 66 year old woman that has built a career and business up to the point of becoming a millionaire is ignorant when she says these terrible things are being naive or just too forgiving of it!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-25-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Well then we just disagree. She is evil alright..........

Now, you have a bunch of black enablers saying that it's not cool that black people can use the word and white people can't. I'm pretty sure that I'd have the same reaction if it was a black chef talking about black, white, yellow, or red people in the manner that this ho talked about black people. They use false equivalencies to confuse the point and the debate.

And I'm shocked that her people permitted her to come back with a message that she's sorry that her words were hurtful to those who used them, not that she's sorry that she thinks slavery was cool and that it's okay to call a crook a nigger because he's black.

Many years ago, I overheard a white co-worker tell another employee that she was robbed on her other job. When the other employee asked if the robber was black or white, her response was "what do you think?" She then observed me listening and apologized. The funny thing is that 90% of the robberies in my part of the world are committed by white people. SMH.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No I do not contradict myself. Poor wording, poor typing is all I am guilty of! When I used the phrase that she is "not simply ignornant" my intent was to show how some people are characterizing Ms. Dean. This is what I mean: SHE IS NOT IGNORANT AT ALL WHEN IT COMES TO USING RACIAL OR ETHNIC SLURS!!!!!

She does that shit on purpose and anyone that believes that a 66 year old woman that has built a career and business up to the point of becoming a million is ignorant when she says these terrible things are being naive or just too forgiving of it!
    OK, now I understand what you're saying, and I agree! Where she is ignorant, though, is in her beliefs.

She was just dropped by Smithfield, and now her other partners are re-evaluating her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Now, you have a bunch of black enablers saying that it's not cool that black people can use the word and white people can't. I'm pretty sure that I'd have the same reaction if it was a black chef talking about black, white, yellow, or red people in the manner that this ho talked about black people. They use false equivalencies to confuse the point and the debate.

And I'm shocked that her people permitted her to come back with a message that she's sorry that her words were hurtful to those who used them, not that she's sorry that she thinks slavery was cool and that it's okay to call a crook a nigger because he's black.

Many years ago, I overheard a white co-worker tell another employee that she was robbed on her other job. When the other employee asked if the robber was black or white, her response was "what do you think?" She then observed me listening and apologized. The funny thing is that 90% of the robberies in my part of the world are committed by white people. SMH.
    Most bank robberies are committed by whites here too, but that stereotype persists. Most white people think blacks [[and in some areas, Mexicans) are doing all the crime. That is because that is what the media and law enforcement focuses on. You ever see that show "Bait Car"? 90% of all you see on that show are Black and Mexican doing the crime. Well, the cops set up stings in minority areas. What do you think you're going to get? So, everyone gets scared of one of them "minorities" stealin' their car, while the white guys are walking around with devices that open your car door. They are also skimming your credit card info with their little laptop as they sit just yards away from the ATM.

It's all a game. We just have to know the rules. Consider:
    If you get caught stealing a $25,000 car, you're going to get a mandatory minimum sentence [[in some states); maybe 3-5 years. How many of the Wall Street bankers who were found to have stolen BILLIONS were even charged with a crime?

Another rule of the game? There's this:
    If you get caught making a rolling stop in Arizona and you look illegal, you'd better prove that you're not. WTF? We don't have Germans, Chinese, Russians, Irish, and French people here on expired visas? Don't they look illegal?

You gotta know how to play it.
    Last edited by Jerry Oz; 06-25-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Another rule of the game? There's this:
    If you get caught making a rolling stop in Arizona and you look illegal, you'd better prove that you're not. WTF? We don't have Germans, Chinese, Russians, Irish, and French people here on expired visas? Don't they look illegal?
    Don't forget English-speaking Canadians that overstay their Visas too...

She was just dropped by Smithfield, and now her other partners are re-evaluating her.
    Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow. I hope Matt is really is firm and really throw hard questions at her and makes her explain her racist views and why she is like the way she is. He should not go easy with her. Miss Dean got some explaining to do and a tearful apology isnt going to cut it.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow. I hope Matt is really is firm and really throw hard questions at her and makes her explain her racist views and why she is like the way she is. He should not go easy with her. Miss Dean got some explaining to do and a tearful apology isnt going to cut it.

Roberta
    I agree! Of course, i'll bet her handlers are already telling him that they don't want hard questions.

Someone needs to make it clear to that woman why her views and behavior are wrong and offensive.

I agree! Of course, i'll bet her handlers are already telling him that they don't want hard questions.

Someone needs to make it clear to that woman why her views and behavior are wrong and offensive.
    If Mr Matt Laur doesnt ask hard questions and demand real detailed answers he'll look like a fool.

Roberta

Jerry excellent post!
    Those black people you refer to as enablers are part of the problem as to why we still have racism rappant in this country on all sides! For example, if I were Jewish and I heard someone or some group deny the Holocaust ever happened, I'd be right up in their faces and make sure that they never forgot it! It was a horrible time in human history. Slavery was no different and legal Apartheid that occurred afterwards was a horrible era in human history.
    Only people that have no direct or indirect connection to these atrocities can shrug them off with a pert "Get Over It!" When I hear that as a response, I blow gasket everytime!

I don't dwell on racism , nor do view myself as a victim. I was raise to stand up, speak up and kick ass if need be! The week that O.J. Simpson was found not guilty, you should have the comments I did when people at first did not realize I was around or in the same room! It was awful!

OK, now I understand what you're saying, and I agree! Where she is ignorant, though, is in her beliefs.

Thank you. But in her beliefs are the beliefs of her parents and ancestors that she was raise with. In her beliefs , she believes that Black people are inferior to her and people like herself.

Reminds me of that great television moment when a half drunk Archie Bunker begins to question what he was taught about "other people" by the father he loved so dearly. How could his old man be so wrong........ Remember that episode?

Paula Dean is going to be interviewed by Matt Laur on the Today show on Wednesday tomorrow...
    Roberta
    Usually, she goes on that show to do cooking segments. I guess tomorrow, she will let us know that her goose is cooked. As far as I'm concerned,

Name:  bramhall-world-paula-deen.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  48.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Usually, she goes on that show to do cooking segments. I guess tomorrow, she will let us know that her goose is cooked. As far as I'm concerned,

Name:  bramhall-world-paula-deen.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  48.9 KB
    lol milven and shes brought it all on herself.

Roberta

Charlie Sheen, a Mexican, called his wife the "N-word". Surprised, not!

I've never like Paula Deen and used to question my co-workers why they like her or look at her show.

The redemption process is in full swing. Now it's about her use of the word "nigger" and no longer about how she views black people or misses the "old South". The entertainment shows are full of people declaring how wonderful she really is. They just talked to a columnist for Time magazine [[black, of course) who thinks we should just move on let her get back in the kitchen. I say we let him get back in the cotton fields since she would like seeing him there doing what she misses seeing colored folk doing.

The redemption process is in full swing. Now it's about her use of the word "nigger" and no longer about how she views black people or misses the "old South". The entertainment shows are full of people declaring how wonderful she really is. They just talked to a columnist for Time magazine [[black, of course) who thinks we should just move on let her get back in the kitchen. I say we let him get back in the cotton fields since she would like seeing him there doing what she misses seeing colored folk doing.
    That columnist doesn't understand that his attitude towards this situation is what helps it to prevail! He is one of those dudes that say, hey, I have a great car, a great home and a great job now. It doesn't matter that I and my people have been drugged through the mud, shit on and murdered for sport and entertainment for over 300 years........let's just move on now and give this racist bitch a pass......! Sorry but I'm not buying it or going along with his suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Charlie Sheen, a Mexican, called his wife the "N-word". Surprised, not!

I've never like Paula Deen and used to question my co-workers why they like her or look at her show.

Charlie Sheen is an asshole first and anything else he is comes afterwards........

Awwww! Matt Lauer didn't ask the right questions. He let her get away with a lot of crap. he may have exposed a place where she contradicted herself, but he didn't challenge it. And Deen didn't say or do anything to help her case. She evaded questions and is defiant. Now, it's everyone's else's fault she's in this p[predicament.

Screw her!

Here's a good followup article: http://www.today.com/entertainment/p...say-6C10452611
    Last edited by soulster; 06-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Paula Deen & Matt Lauer
    TODAY SHOW
    6/26/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvJoI5y7Hk

Walmart just dropped her. For once they do the right thing.

Again, it's not about her use of the word in a denigrating context, it's about her history of unsavory comments about Blacks and slavery, her lack of genuine sincerity, her inability to take ownership of her actions, her attempt to blame others for her actions, and for her inability to understand why her words and views are offensive.

All of this doesn't say much good for her supporters, either.

Oh...BTW, anyone notice how she slipped in Jesse Jackson's name in her little scripted sob-fest?
    Last edited by soulster; 06-26-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Now she fesses to using the term "once". SMH!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    Paula Deen & Matt Lauer
    TODAY SHOW
    6/26/2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suvJoI5y7Hk
    I see dry tears and little remorse. Her "i is what i is" comment at the end was real phony and fake down home country and way overboard. I didnt see a woman humbled I saw a arrogant woman who hasnt learned much smh.

Roberta

Walmart drops Paula Dean. This isnt going way and it look like her apperance on Matt laur didnt help at all.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,1518850.story

Awwww! Matt Lauer didn't ask the right questions. He let her get away with a lot of crap. he may have exposed a place where she contradicted herself, but he didn't challenge it. And Deen didn't say or do anything to help her case. She evaded questions and is defiant. Now, it's everyone's else's fault she's in this p[predicament.

Screw her!

Here's a good followup article: http://www.today.com/entertainment/p...say-6C10452611
    Screw her big time! I am sure you noticed her slick way of displacing her own guilt in using racist language onto the young people that work in her kitchens. She gave her little fake sermonette on how they need to be more respectful and stop using the N-word aka nigger.

Walmart just dropped her. For once they do the right thing. Click on the name Walmart. Again, it's not about her use of the word in a denigrating context, it's about her history of unsavory comments about Blacks and slavery, her lack of genuine sincerity, her inability to take ownership of her actions, her attempt to blame others for her actions, and for her inability to understand why her words and views are offensive.

All of this doesn't say much good for her supporters, either.

Oh...BTW, anyone notice how she slipped in Jesse Jackson's name in her little scripted sob-fest?
    People act as Paula Dean is acting when they get caught! She stands to loose a lot of money which is the greatest motivating factor in her wimpy apologies. I am not an unforgiving person, but when you insult me and then attempt to cover it up by lying, I have no use for you and very little sympathy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryon6 View Post
    Now she fesses to using the term "once". SMH!
    Yeah, she said once in 30 years. Now explain to me how this woman can remember only using that one word, one time in 3 decades?

She is lying.

She just lost Target, Home Depo, and a drug maker has suspended ties with her. WE can now add them to Sears and QVC dropping her.

Here is where Jesse Jackson plays into this. Interesting, thing, though: she called him, but Jackson hasn't been recognized as a Black leader for a long time. Not that he isn't, it's just that most white people don't have a clue, and still think of Jesse, and usually not in very flattering terms.

A bad week for the buttery bigot.

She needs to stop being defiant, stop talking, and recognize just what it is people are upset about. It isn't so much the use of the "n" word, it's her attitude and belief system that killed her. The appearance on The Today Show was the icing on the cake.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-27-2013 at 12:18 PM.

She longs for the time that black "workers" served at the beck and call of their masters. Think about that for a minute. Who cares if those clean shirts and bow ties covered scars from the whipping and flogging they took to break their spirit? Who cares about families separated and sold off? Women being raped in the middle of the night as the husband listened from the next room, powerless? The endless nightmare of the Middle Passage, where people were chained to each other as cargo and thrown overboard if they got sick to let the sharks feed?

Ahhh! The glorious days of the Old South!

She longs for the time that black "workers" served at the beck and call of their masters. Think about that for a minute. Who cares if those clean shirts and bow ties covered scars from the whipping and flogging they took to break their spirit? Who cares about families separated and sold off? Women being raped in the middle of the night as the husband listened from the next room, powerless? The endless nightmare of the Middle Passage, where people were chained to each other as cargo and thrown overboard if they got sick to let the sharks feed?

Ahhh! The glorious days of the Old South!
    To this day I cannot bring myself to buy or eat Cream of Wheat, Aunt Jemima, or Uncle Ben's products.

Here is an excellent opinion piece on PD's situation, and I agree with her 100%: http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/26/opinio...html?hpt=hp_c2

How anyone is putting any importance on what a 66 year old White woman from the south said upmteen years ago or yesterday for that matter baffles me. Who is really surprised? She's 66 and from Georgia. If anything, appreciate her honesty. She admitted to something that im sure 99% of all Americans [[Black, White, all races for that matter) has thought or said at some point in time of their life and would likely never admit to. Are we really that naive to think otherwise? I guess for the racist police this is a solid victory. Any chance to claim holier-than-though and convict a person they don't even know is like a fun game for them. Seeing the charges of this woman on everything from evil to sociopath is just laughable. Shes human and she made a dumb mistake...for whatever reason. She will now pay financially and has clearly been convicted in the court of public opinion. My guess is that she will make a comeback from this eventually. Most people who are caught making racist comments in Hollywood or TV make a bounce back after time. Hymie-town anyone?
    I will say this though: to disparage fellow Blacks who use this time to bring up our peoples own ignorance in perpetuating the ignorant use of this hateful word is just wrong. There is no defense of our people today throwing this word around and we cannot expect it to be driven from the lips of whites until its driven from our own.

No, funkyfresh, she was not totally honest. This is not about her use of the "n" word. This is about her refusal or inability to recognize the harm of her words. What's worse, she persists in blaming others for her problems. Did you even read the link to the article I posted above yours? The author is deaf-on in her assessment of Deen and her gaffs.

Making excuses that she's a 66-year-old woman from the south doesn't wash. She must be made accountable for her words. That is why all of her corporate partners are bolting.

She made a mistake? She's made many of them, and one was to go on the Today Show and blame everyone else, not apologize, not own up to her beliefs, and, on top of that, she was defiant and made more insulting racial references [["I is what I is, and I ain't changing!"). She doesn't do herself any favors by sounding more ignorant than she already is.

I agree with you in part on your final point, that, we, as Black people need to stop using that word too. By the continued use of that word by blacks, no matter what justification there mat be for it, gives whites, Latinos, and everyone else an excuse. For the record, I never use the word. I did not grow up with it in my home, and I scold family and anyone else I hear use it.

Quote Originally Posted by funky_fresh View Post
    How anyone is putting any importance on what a 66 year old White woman from the south said upmteen years ago or yesterday for that matter baffles me. Who is really surprised? She's 66 and from Georgia. If anything, appreciate her honesty. She admitted to something that im sure 99% of all Americans [[Black, White, all races for that matter) has thought or said at some point in time of their life and would likely never admit to. Are we really that naive to think otherwise? I guess for the racist police this is a solid victory. Any chance to claim holier-than-though and convict a person they don't even know is like a fun game for them. Seeing the charges of this woman on everything from evil to sociopath is just laughable. Shes human and she made a dumb mistake...for whatever reason. She will now pay financially and has clearly been convicted in the court of public opinion. My guess is that she will make a comeback from this eventually. Most people who are caught making racist comments in Hollywood or TV make a bounce back after time. Hymie-town anyone?
    I will say this though: to disparage fellow Blacks who use this time to bring up our peoples own ignorance in perpetuating the ignorant use of this hateful word is just wrong. There is no defense of our people today throwing this word around and we cannot expect it to be driven from the lips of whites until its driven from our own.
    Paul Dean wanted a plantation style wedding and this was real recent. Miss Paula wanted a a old south style feel to it “that represented a certain era in America.” How insulting and offensive is that?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...een-racial.php

Roberta

No, funkyfresh, she was not totally honest. This is not about her use of the "n" word. This is about her refusal or inability to recognize the harm of her words. What's worse, she persists in blaming others for her problems. Did you even read the link to the article I posted above yours? The author is deaf-on in her assessment of Deen and her gaffs.

Making excuses that she's a 66-year-old woman from the south doesn't wash. She must be made accountable for her words. That is why all of her corporate partners are bolting.

She made a mistake? She's made many of them, and one was to go on the Today Show and blame everyone else, not apologize, not own up to her beliefs, and, on top of that, she was defiant and made more insulting racial references [["I is what I is, and I ain't changing!"). She doesn't do herself any favors by sounding more ignorant than she already is.

I agree with you in part on your final point, that, we, as Black people need to stop using that word too. By the continued use of that word by blacks, no matter what justification there mat be for it, gives whites, Latinos, and everyone else an excuse. For the record, I never use the word. I did not grow up with it in my home, and I scold family and anyone else I hear use it.
    Everybody need to stop using the N word imo and I mean everybody.

Roberta

Everybody need to stop using the N word imo and I mean everybody.

Roberta
    Correct!

But, here's the problem: most of the media, and white people who defend her, want you to think it's all about that one word. If that were all it was, there'd be no issue.

What is disturbing is how many people are supporting her, even enough to make her book #1, where if this hadn't happened, it wouldn't have had a chance. It tells me that there are a LOT of like-minded people out there who probably [[and some, ignorantly) agree with her views on race. And I know there are some people out there who wish we could go back to enslaving Black people.

The "n"-word is beside the point. The real issue is Paula Deen's attitude before and after this news hit. A person doesn't have to be a racist to have racist views. But, does a racist have racist views? Of course!

"Accidental racist" describes her to a tee! The problem with these accidental racists is that they don't want to change, and Ms. Deen has stated that she isn't going to. That is why she lost more business. And, the people boycotting Walmart, Target, Home Depo, Sears, The Food network, and the others, isn't helping her case.

Let me ask you something, funky: do you excuse Jesse Jackson for his "hymie-town" remark like you think we should excuse Paula Deen for her remark? Or, are you one of those people who will forever throw that up whenever he is mentioned in a favorable light?

Two points for funky_fresh:
    1. NOBODY who uses that word is worthy of a pass and should not be financially enabled, in my opinion. Especially someone who pointedly feels justified because she once was robbed by a black man.
    2. She LONGS FOR THE DAYS WHEN YOU AND MANY OF YOUR LOVED ONES WERE THE PROPERTY OF HER AND WHITE PEOPLE. She is not the one to defend for making slip of the tongue.

I never asked anyone to give her a pass. My point [[that everybody is missing) is that this is a cook. Not a head of state, not a civil rights advocate, a cook. How can anyone expect this person to be a Rhodes Scholar when it comes to history or race relations for that matter. She is known for using butter and cooking unhealthy food, that is all. I'm not insulted or offended, especially when I consider the source. Again, why give this any importance when there are so many more important things to be concerned about right now, like the erosion of our Constitutional right to privacy. I guess its ok as long as its being done under Obamas watch. All of this the intention of corporate owned media to get Black people distracted from what is really important in our lives and furthering the facade that this administration is looking out in the best interest of the American people.

And with regards to my comment on Hymie Town Jackson - my point is was simply that one can make it back in media even after saying racist comments. With Jackson in particular, his comeback [[did he ever leave?) was even more profound since he did the unmentionable which is to make a derogatory comment about Jews. That in 99 out of 100 times is the kiss of death for someone who spends their time on TV or in movies. If Jackson can comeback from that, you can bet that Paula Deen will be on TV again sometime soon.
    What Paula Deen says, said, means or meant means less than nothing to me. Interpret her how you want, try to get into that giant, wrinkled head of hers. Go spend your time doing that. Meanwhile, turn on BET and be totally ok with our young people perpetuating the step and fetch it minstrel shows of yesteryear and the dumbification of language to make ourselves look like the ignorant ones.

Paul Dean wanted a plantation style wedding and this was real recent. Miss Paula wanted a a old south style feel to it “that represented a certain era in America.” How insulting and offensive is that?
    It wasn't that recent. It's been a few years. Still, that idea was in her mind. She basically wanted to recreate the slavery days. She probably realized that no one would do it and nixed the idea.

But, i'm wondering what kind of Black people would work in such a restaurant. There was a lot of success for Blacks after the reconstruction, but I highly doubt any former slaves would run a place like that!

Funky, she's a FAMOUS cook who has/had lucrative deals with major companies! The is wealthy from being a COOK. So, yeah, it does matter what the says in public. It's why she is being punished now.

I kind of wonder why you seem to be sticking up for, or making excuses for her.

Jesse Jackson? He apologized. We haven't heard Louis Farrakkan apologize for his comments about the Jews' alleged "gutter religion".
    Last edited by soulster; 06-28-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Oh, add two more companies to that growing list: http://www.today.com/food/qvc-latest...een-6C10452621

Crystaledwards Guest
    Check out how often marv - Marysfan - DetroitLives313 uses the disparaging and inflammatory terms fag, faggot and sissy in his YouTube responses. Does any one else in this forum find marv's antigay slurs offensive? I don't care what marv's personal beliefs are, but if they lead him to spread hate by using derogatory homophobic slurs on the public music-sharing website YouTube, then his beliefs deserve to be publicly challenged. Do you think we should call marv out for his cowardly gay bashing? I feel it is wrong to turn a blind eye to a bigot just because he shares the odd rare photo and some Motown knowledge with us. I would like to hear what other forum members think?

Look you sad faggot Mary Wilson is iconic! She is one of the most influential women in music! She does concerts all over the World, performs The Lena Horne Project, has new single out and Cultural Ambassador for the United States. Diane Ross is a recovering alcoholic that leans excessively on her children. Oh and she tours some whenever she can get a gig. That's all!

DetroitLives313

I don't even think about Diana Ross like most people until you fools on here start emailing me about her trashy ass. Mary Wilson rules and will continue to do so! Everyone loves Mary. No one loves Diane except a small group of faggot freaks stuck in the 70's.

DetroitLives313

Why because I busted on you and your worship of that old fag hag Diane Ross? LOL! Could you pick a better washed up Diva to worship than Mary's former singing partner?

DetroitLives313

Only a few fags care about Diana Ross today.
    DetroitLives313

Hey you sissy punk, just because you don't like women, doesn't mean you can get away with saying what you want. You will not be commenting on any more my videos........you've been BLOCKED!
    DetroitLives313

Fuck you! You big sissy punk!

DetroitLives313

On 6/22/2013 marv2 posted the following about celebrity chef Paula Deen.[[all words in bold red are direct quotes taken from marv2's postings)

Racism is also caused by hate and an evil heart. It is intentional. While I agree with what marv wrote about Ms. Deen, I would ask marv if homophobia is also caused by hate and an evil heart and challenge marv2 to publicly answer if his irresponsible gay bashing is intentionalor just an involuntary condition of just not knowing about certain people?

On 6/22/2013 marv2 had the following to say about Paula Deen. I am telling you. Anyone giving this woman a pass for her blatant racism is making a mistake!

While I completely agree with marv on Paula Deen's blatant racism, I have to ask, if we give marv a pass for his blatant homophobia, are we also making a mistake?

Crystal, what do you propose we should do about Marv? His span of influence is not as wide as Paula Deen's. He doesn't have millions of fans that will think it's okay to be a homophobe because Marv is. Quite the opposite for Deen. Even now, like-minded fans are rallying to her support, even as she disavows her own words and beliefs. Homophobia [[and especially violence based on it) is vile and bad in its own right. With that being said, you are as watering down the issue of a very popular celebrity who admitted that she loves the thought of black people being slaves by making a false equivalency that Marv's hateful words on YouTube have the same impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    I would like to hear what other forum members think?
    I think you should have stared a separate thread about it.

I clicked on your links and did not see any videos where Marv allegedly used those derogatory words. In fact, there are no videos at all of him, just videos of mostly Motown artists.

I do not know Marv, personally, or know him like you all do. I just chat with him here. I agree that bigotry against anyone is wrong [[except obsessive, rabid Diana Ross fans ) Just joshin'...no i'm not...yes I am...

This sounds like a personal vendetta, so you really should start a different thread about it. If Ralph sees this, he'll shut doen an otherwise good thread where no one is arguing.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-28-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Crystal, what do you propose we should do about Marv? His span of influence is not as wide as Paula Deen's. He doesn't have millions of fans that will think it's okay to be a homophobe because Marv is. Quite the opposite for Deen. Even now, like-minded fans are rallying to her support, even as she disavows her own words and beliefs. Homophobia [[and especially violence based on it) is vile and bad in its own right. With that being said, you are as watering down the issue of a very popular celebrity who admitted that she loves the thought of black people being slaves by making a false equivalency that Marv's hateful words on YouTube have the same impact.
    Hate is hate and predjudice, be it of a racist, homophobic or sexist nature, is still predjudice. I am pointing out marv's hypocrisy and letting the members here know what they are dealing with. Millions of fans or a few followers on a forum shouldn't matter. Hate and bigotry should never be tolerated.

I despise Ms. Dean intensly for her racist views but cowardly homophobia also disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Hate is hate and predjudice, be it of a racist, homophobic or sexist nature, is still predjudice. I am pointing out marv's hypocrisy and letting the members here know what they are dealing with. Millions of fans or a few followers on a forum shouldn't matter. Hate and bigotry should never be tolerated.

I despise Ms. Dean intensly for her racist views but cowardly homophobia also disgusts me.
    It's wrong to hate someone because of a quality they were born with and cannot change.

Again, if you have an issue with marv, and I know several of you do, please start a separate thread about it. Please? This one;s about Paula Deen. Ralph still checks in on this forum.