[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Motown gets the views so I put it here.

Streaming is taking over. I got a new vehicle that comes with Sirius. And I haven't put a CD in it since I got it a month ago. By the way, Sirius [[I think Soul Town) said Mary Wilson was from the Temptations the other day! Kind of complimentary.

I don't think the industry is dieing. But the money has been bled out of it by the Internet and the public. Now the artists have to tour for money.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

Now the artists have to tour for money.
    When I click on the main page of Soulful Detroit recent comments from other sections
    show up in a sidebar. That's how I first saw this thread. I hadn't set out to read the Motown
    threads and I'm sure others found it the same way. If I wanted to start a conversation about
    Ben Carson's presidential chances I wouldn't put it here just because people who only read
    the Motown Forum and follow one singer or group wouldn't see it otherwise. But maybe
    that's just me...BTW, artists have had to rely on constant touring for money long before the
    internet...

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    That is the very reason I suggest that the specific two music forums be eliminated. Too many threads aren't seen because many members don't click on all three forums, or use the "New Posts" option.

Streaming is taking over. I got a new vehicle that comes with Sirius. And I haven't put a CD in it since I got it a month ago. By the way, Sirius [[I think Soul Town) said Mary Wilson was from the Temptations the other day! Kind of complimentary.
    Streaming has taken over because it's cheap, and the masses really don't want to buy physical product anymore. I personally don't like streaming for several reasons, but i'm also not your typical music consumer.

I was driving to another city last Saturday night and happened to land on Soul Town. The good news is that they are back to playing deeper cuts rather than just the tired old hits. But, damned if they can get their information correct!

I don't think the industry is dieing. But the money has been bled out of it by the Internet and the public. Now the artists have to tour for money.
    Artists always had to tour to make the money, but now it's an absolute necessity, and the ticket prices show it. Also, it's somewhat rare for a single artist to headline a show with an opener. They do these festivals with several big-name artists now.