[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Despite talk from some artists about being angry that they were being overlooked, the Velvelettes were always aware that Motown was not able to push all of its acts and that those making the most money would be given priority. Their tenure at Motown are responsible for giving them the opportunity to continue to perform to this.
    I've always felt out of all of the second tier Motown acts the Velvelettes had the most songs with hit potential. Once you get into late 1964 on their Anthology collection almost every track could have been a hit. I remember reading HDH cut "When The Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes" for them in 1965. I don't think vocals were added though. And I believe there's a live recording at the Roostertail from 1966 still in the vaults.
    Last edited by bradsupremes; 04-13-2014 at 05:53 PM.