[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I finally found what I had been looking for amongst my "souvenirs." I had mentioned to @WaitingWatching that I had a special Marvelettes collectable. This is it.

Back in 1996, there was an ad in Goldmine Magazine that Wanda was signing a limited number of photographs. I think I paid $15 for the photo, perhaps. I thought I had even saved the original Goldmine classified ad. As I recall, the photos were mailed from San Francisco, and in the ad it said something like "guaranteed that Wanda Rogers will get all the proceeds from the sale of the autographed photos."

I couldn't find the ad, but here's the photo and the Certificate of Authenticity. I think an unusual collectable though I know many celebrities sell their autographs and don't pass them out for free anymore.

Name:  Wanda1.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  Wanda2.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  72.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I finally found what I had been looking for amongst my "souvenirs." I had mentioned to @WaitingWatching that I had a special Marvelettes collectable. This is it.

Back in 1996, there was an ad in Goldmine Magazine that Wanda was signing a limited number of photographs. I think I paid $15 for the photo, perhaps. I thought I had even saved the original Goldmine classified ad. As I recall, the photos were mailed from San Francisco, and in the ad it said something like "guaranteed that Wanda Rogers will get all the proceeds from the sale of the autographed photos."

I couldn't find the ad, but here's the photo and the Certificate of Authenticity. I think an unusual collectable though I know many celebrities sell their autographs and don't pass them out for free anymore.

Name:  Wanda1.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  67.9 KB

Name:  Wanda2.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  72.5 KB
    WOW [[says I with eyes as huge as saucers)! I don't know how I missed this but, well done, Kenneth! I love that woman, well, all of them; this is truly one of the best things someone could have. I'd love hearing your recollection about meeting Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    WOW [[says I with eyes as huge as saucers)! I don't know how I missed this but, well done, Kenneth! I love that woman, well, all of them; this is truly one of the best things someone could have. I'd love hearing your recollection about meeting Wanda.
    Thanks @Waiting! I never got to meet her. The autograph was offered via Goldmine Magazine. Hard to believe it's already almost 25 years ago...yikes!

There are several members who I believe have met Wanda. I too would love to hear about any recollections any members have of this lovely lady and great singer.