In the UK, I can remember the "shock" of hearing Love Hangover for the first time, it was like Diana had reinvented herself after all of the ballads that were released as singles. I was hooked immediately. Like the OP above, I can remember the reaction on the dancefloor to the song being played, and I was right there to enjoy the vibe.

This release of this song was a game changer for Diana. I find it very hard to think of assigning percentages as there are so many aspects that magically came together for this outstanding performance, i.e. the songwriters Marilyn McLeod and Pamela Sawyer, the producer Hal Davis, the person who had the foresight to give the song to Diana to effect the game changer and lastly but not leastly, Diana for putting it such a strong performance.

LH remains one of my favourite all time songs from any artist in all of its 45 edited [[so skilfully done), original album and alternative original versions.

Truly a masterpiece that I love to listen to often to this day. I never want a cure for it!