[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crystal, what do you propose we should do about Marv? His span of influence is not as wide as Paula Deen's. He doesn't have millions of fans that will think it's okay to be a homophobe because Marv is. Quite the opposite for Deen. Even now, like-minded fans are rallying to her support, even as she disavows her own words and beliefs. Homophobia [[and especially violence based on it) is vile and bad in its own right. With that being said, you are as watering down the issue of a very popular celebrity who admitted that she loves the thought of black people being slaves by making a false equivalency that Marv's hateful words on YouTube have the same impact.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Crystal, what do you propose we should do about Marv? His span of influence is not as wide as Paula Deen's. He doesn't have millions of fans that will think it's okay to be a homophobe because Marv is. Quite the opposite for Deen. Even now, like-minded fans are rallying to her support, even as she disavows her own words and beliefs. Homophobia [[and especially violence based on it) is vile and bad in its own right. With that being said, you are as watering down the issue of a very popular celebrity who admitted that she loves the thought of black people being slaves by making a false equivalency that Marv's hateful words on YouTube have the same impact.
    Hate is hate and predjudice, be it of a racist, homophobic or sexist nature, is still predjudice. I am pointing out marv's hypocrisy and letting the members here know what they are dealing with. Millions of fans or a few followers on a forum shouldn't matter. Hate and bigotry should never be tolerated.

I despise Ms. Dean intensly for her racist views but cowardly homophobia also disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Hate is hate and predjudice, be it of a racist, homophobic or sexist nature, is still predjudice. I am pointing out marv's hypocrisy and letting the members here know what they are dealing with. Millions of fans or a few followers on a forum shouldn't matter. Hate and bigotry should never be tolerated.

I despise Ms. Dean intensly for her racist views but cowardly homophobia also disgusts me.
    It's wrong to hate someone because of a quality they were born with and cannot change.

Again, if you have an issue with marv, and I know several of you do, please start a separate thread about it. Please? This one;s about Paula Deen. Ralph still checks in on this forum.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    It's wrong to hate someone because of a quality they were born with and cannot change.

Again, if you have an issue with marv, and I know several of you do, please start a separate thread about it. Please? This one;s about Paula Deen. Ralph still checks in on this forum.
    Succinctly put and I totally agree. People can no more change their skin color than they can change their sexual orientation which is why it is wrong to hate because of race, sexual orientation, physical appearance, disability or gender.