[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson's House is For Sale!

Check this out! If you ever wanted to see inside of Mary's "palace" this video does a good job of showing it off! If you look real close, you'll even catch a glimpse of her royal highness herself.................Mary Wilson! LOL!

Last edited by marv2; 09-20-2013 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Title was imcomplete

So why are they using Diana's "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" for this??? It's not Diana's house. Wouldn't Mary's classic version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" been more appropriate?

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    So why are they using Diana's "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" for this??? It's not Diana's house. Wouldn't Mary's classic version of "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" been more appropriate?

I don't know. You'll have to ask the Realtor who put this video up. LOL!!!!

The inside is beautiful.... but as I said before, The developer made out like a bandit in this subdivision, because Mary's, and the other homes in this subdivision have lots that are EXTREMELY undersized. She has virtually no side yard at all, the front is small and unremarkable, the pool is ok, but it doesn't have anything to tie it to the landscape, or soften it's lines, it's just basically a hole in the ground in the back yard... and not really enough space to soften it, it appears to butt up against the back property line, or very close to it. I like her decorating for the most part, however, I'm not too impressed with the chandelier in the foyer. IT doesn't make enough of a statement, to me.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-20-2013 at 09:26 PM.

I basically agree with Jill. The pool is okay and I can dig the closet. The lot is way to small with no views. Anthem has it's problems too.

For that money I'd rather have a home with land & space, no neighbors, and vista veiws up at Lake Las Vegas. Robert Deblanc of The Imperials bought a real nice space up at Lake Las Vegas with gorgeous views.

S.S.

WOW,what a house,i remember Mary had that house build from the ground up,love it.Please stay positive

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Sister View Post
    I basically agree with Jill. The pool is okay and I can dig the closet. The lot is way to small with no views. Anthem has it's problems too.

For that money I'd rather have a home with land & space, no neighbors, and vista veiws up at Lake Las Vegas. Robert Deblanc of The Imperials bought a real nice space up at Lake Las Vegas with gorgeous views.

S.S.
    Soul Sister the clothes closet is so big it has a full bar that seats 6 people in it! LOL!!!!

Ok, I'm just gonna say it. How come the woman has no throw rugs in her bathroom? Can you imagine how cold your feet would be on that black quartzite while your'e sitting on the john? And am I mistaken, or was Mary hiding behind the door because she was in her slip? I also don't care for the color of the outside of the house. The paint is too tan, and doens't go with that pink stone very well. Pink stone is a TOUGHIE to coordinate, you usually need to take a tone from the stone, and repeat it on the house. No, I don't mean paint the house pink. But I think it needed to be taupe with a slight pink undertone, instead of that drab tan. Did my eyes decieve me, or did she paint her walls in the foyer with high gloss paint? Daring... I like it.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-21-2013 at 01:26 AM.

This is not how Mary lives. There are, in fact, throw rugs. This video has been staged and much has been rented. Much of Mary's belongings are not in this video. Most expensive homes are prepped this way for sale. Mary did not build this house and, like her peers, is working much less these days, and does not wish to continue to endure the expense of maintaining it. She wanted to wait until there was no hope for work in Vegas and the housing market rebounded more, but has now decided it's not worth the wait. The rumor that Mary is returning to Detroit is false. Her plans are not concrete yet, but she won't be moving back to Detroit. While Mary's declining fortunes are ultimately behind the decision to sell, living in LA will be her best bet for hoped for [[series) work.

She should try Branson. The cost of living in the Ozarks is so much lower, her money will go TWICE as far. She could get a permanent gig there no sweat, especially now that Tony Orlando is retiring.

Asking price is 1,450,000$. You see, In Branson, you can get SO MUCH MORE. Look at this house, cheaper than Mary's, 2,000 MORE square feet, and the lot is 4 TIMES bigger.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ex=MO545023763
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-21-2013 at 09:31 AM.

Crystaledwards Guest
    Mary's home has been on the market for over 5 months without any offers. There are approximately 7 similarly priced homes for sale in the Anthem Country Cub and another 30 plus in a higher or lower priced bracket with little movement. To sell this home within the next 60 days will require a drastic price reduction. Mary's realtor is also offering the house for lease for $8,000 a month which is very smart.

I wish Mary well in this endeavor as this house has to be
    expensive to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    Mary's home has been on the market for over 5 months without any offers. There are approximately 7 similarly priced homes for sale in the Anthem Country Cub and another 30 plus in a higher or lower priced bracket with little movement. To sell this home within the next 60 days will require a drastic price reduction. Mary's realtor is also offering the house for lease for $8,000 a month which is very smart.

I wish Mary well in this endeavor as this house has to be
    expensive to maintain.
    Las Vegas has been one of the worst American markets for several years. Many Canadians have been buying multiple condos in Nevada and Arizona. When they started buying them in 2008, the prices went down even more.

Many houses get staged in order to sell; I can't believe she would have pictures of herself up in multiple rooms normally.

Mary had that house built from the ground up! I remember when she had it done. She was still living here in New York. She was trying to decide whether or not to purchase a Brownstone in Harlem [[the one she wanted was listed at $ 4.5 million). She opted for Vegas for many reasons and cost was one of them.

There was never any talk of Mary moving back to Detroit permanently. I don't know where that came from, but it was never even a rumor. She's back in Detroit often anyway. Her fortunes are no more declining than any one else's in this economy as she is still performing here and around the World.

The furnishings are all Mary's. I am very familiar with some of the things I saw in the video. It is a huge house. She'll just get into another "castle" somewhere else. I would love her to move back here to NYC.
    Last edited by marv2; 09-21-2013 at 01:07 PM. Reason: addressing some misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Asking price is 1,450,000$. You see, In Branson, you can get SO MUCH MORE. Look at this house, cheaper than Mary's, 2,000 MORE square feet, and the lot is 4 TIMES bigger.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...ex=MO545023763
    Jill, now that is a great deal! You couldn't get half that house for that price [[excluding property taxes) on Long Island. A friend of mine and his wife built a 10,000 sq. ft house in Syosset, NY and their property taxes are now $32,000 a year!

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Las Vegas has been one of the worst American markets for several years. Many Canadians have been buying multiple condos in Nevada and Arizona. When they started buying them in 2008, the prices went down even more.

Many houses get staged in order to sell; I can't believe she would have pictures of herself up in multiple rooms normally.
    Those paintings of Mary and others are up in that house all the time. Similiar to those Berry Gordy had in his old home in Detroit.

Well if she can't find homes in Los Angeles and she doesn't want to return to cold Detroit, why not consider Atlanta, where a lot of TV shows are filmed these days or one of those senior retirement trailer parks in Florida or Texas where she often performs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Well if she can't find homes in Los Angeles and she doesn't want to return to cold Detroit, why not consider Atlanta, wherea lot of TV shows are filmed these days or one of those senior retirement trailer parks in Florida or Texas where she often performs?
    I think she prefers London.

Hell, I prefer London to where I live now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Hell, I prefer London to where I live now.
    Toronto or Montreal for me...........LOL! Oh and Rio.

Kam..... L.A. is rediculously waaaaaaaay too expensive for the house & lack of land you'd get there.
    N.Y. is expensive too. Maybe N.J. in Alpine or Englewood Cliffs [[close to N.Y.C., just a mile across the Hudson River).

Mary could never live in the Ozarks, lol.

That leaves Las Vegas [[close enough to L.A.) or Atlanta for her needs.

S.S.

Kam..... L.A. is rediculously waaaaaaaay too expensive for the house & lack of land you'd get there.
    N.Y. is expensive too. Maybe N.J. in Alpine or Englewood Cliffs [[close to N.Y.C., just a mile across the Hudson River).

Mary could never live in the Ozarks, lol.

That leaves Las Vegas [[close enough to L.A.) or Atlanta for her needs.

S.S.
    Englewood Cliffs is ok ,but the traffic and I know she hates the traffic .She hated the traffic on Long Island even when she'd come out here in a limo. LOL!

@marv2... lol, I would not need a bar in my closet, nor any liquid refreshments near my clothes, esp. expensive ones like Mary has. I am just dreaming cause I need more,more,more closet space, lol....using two and the garage now!

*My preferrence is to live in the house my father built on a mountain lake in N.J. [[it's views are so serene looking out the wall of windows down the long property of grass and trees on to the lake), it's gorgeous year round. The surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful!
    *Then having a second beach house, or home in the Caribbean close to the beach in Antigua, West Indies.
    That is my perfect living heaven. Then occasionally travel.

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 09-21-2013 at 03:00 PM.

marv2,
    Long Island's Hampton's are gorgeous but......very expensive and the traffic getting out of Long Island anywhere is ALWAYS a major nightmare!
    Across the George Washington Bridge on normal days should only take 15 minutes from Englewood Cliffs.

S.S.

@marv2... lol, I would not need a bar in my closet, nor any liquid refreshments near my clothes, esp. expensive ones like Mary has. I am just dreaming cause I need more,more,more closet space, lol....using two and the garage now!

*My preferrence is to live in the house my father built on a mountain lake in N.J. [[it's views are so serene looking out the wall of windows down the long property of grass and trees on to the lake), it's gorgeous year round. The surroundings are breathtakingly beautiful!
    *Then having a second beach house, or home in the Caribbean close to the beach in Antigua, West Indies.
    That is my perfect living heaven. Then occasionally travel.

S.S.
    All of you classy woman are alike! LOL! My mother took one of the bedrooms at her house and made it into an entire closet for her clothes once we all moved out! LOL!

marv2,
    Long Island's Hampton's are gorgeous but......very expensive and the traffic getting out of Long Island anywhere is ALWAYS a major nightmare!
    Across the George Washington Bridge on normal days should only take 15 minutes from Englewood Cliffs.

S.S.
    You are right on both counts! I use to work out in the Hamptons and after May 1st., the traffic is miserable thru to late September. I use to watch the traffic build on the LIE when I was living in Hauppauge, NY every summer. Getting on the GWB from Englewood Cliffs is easy. Getting over it via the Cross Bronx is HELL! LOL!

marv2,
    You wouldn't need to get on Cross Bronx Expressway [[???) to go to Manhattan/mid-town just get on the West Side Highway.

S.S.

marv2,
    You wouldn't need to get on Cross Bronx Expressway [[???) to go to Manhattan/mid-town just get on the West Side Highway.

S.S.

I know what you mean. I usually take the Queens Mid Town Tunnel, but every now and then I find myself in a situation where it's the Throggs Neck to the Cross Bronx and then down 9A aka West Side Hwy before the GWB

so uh did Mary move ?

marv2,

S.S.
    Sister, Soul Sister......yeah you do! I'm coming from Long Island you do if you are not taking the Mid Town Tunnel. You go down the LIE, up the Cross Island Pky, then over the Throgs Neck after Bell Blvd, then the Tolls, then onto the Cross Bronx and just before you go over the GWB, you exit off onto the Henry Hudson Pkwy aka 9A aka West Side Hwy. I've been driving it most of my life now, sooooooooo........hehehehehehehe!

Now the way you are explaining works if I am coming from the other direction like outta Jersey.

I/we were speaking of coming from N.J. into Manhattan [[If Mary lived in the Englewood Cliffs area), NOT coming from Long Island.

Englewood Cliffs, 9W to GWB, exit Henry Hudson Parkway then onto the West Side Highway.

I am from New Jersey, lol.

S.S.

I/we were speaking of coming from N.J. into Manhattan [[If Mary lived in the Englewood Cliffs area), NOT coming from Long Island.

Englewood Cliffs, 9W to GWB, exit Henry Hudson Parkway then onto the West Side Highway.

I am from New Jersey, lol.

S.S.
    Well then see , you are exactly right! I was speaking from the LONGUYLAND perspective,
    LOL!!!!! You all in Jersey have it soooooooooo easy, hehehehehehehehehe!!!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I doubt Mary would want to live there at this point anyway. It was once a hot spot for people like Stevie Wonder, Eddie Murphy, Brook Sheilds, etc...etc.... but many have moved on to Beverly Hills and the like.

S.S.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I doubt Mary would want to live there at this point anyway. It was once a hot spot for people like Stevie Wonder, Eddie Murphy, Brook Sheilds, etc...etc.... but many have moved on to Beverly Hills and the like.

S.S.
    and let's not forget Whitney! Mary seem really happy living in Manhattan on the
    UWS, but now she has been use to living in that huge place, I doubt she wants to put everything back in storage and live in a much smaller space now.

There's always Miami, I suppose... but for a performer of her stature, I still say Branson is the best place if she wants work. If she just wants to retire, then she could go anywhere. And yes, Marv, the property tax differences are HUGE. My sister lives in Williamson County Texas... not even close to being as expensive as New York or Orange County... and she pays 6,.500$ in property taxes, while the same value property here in Central Missouri is 800$ a year. that's what Texas and their "Look AT ME!!! WE DON'T HAVE STATE INCOME TAX!!" gets you. They just sock it to you on the local level instead.

There's always Miami, I suppose... but for a performer of her stature, I still say Branson is the best place if she wants work. If she just wants to retire, then she could go anywhere. And yes, Marv, the property tax differences are HUGE. My sister lives in Williamson County Texas... not even close to being as expensive as New York or Orange County... and she pays 6,.500$ in property taxes, while the same value property here in Central Missouri is 800$ a year. that's what Texas and their "Look AT ME!!! WE DON'T HAVE STATE INCOME TAX!!" gets you. They just sock it to you on the local level instead.
    Jill, wow! Those are some low taxes. Michigan is low like that too. Another thing is heating costs! If Mary had the same house in the NorthEast or North Central [[i.e. Michigan, Ohio), her gas heating bills would run her $900 -1200 a month easily.

I remember when I learned what Steven Speilberg was paying in monthly eletric bills for his house near East Hampton, I nearly fell out......over $1,800 a month!

Soul Sister, besides entertainers and resort employees, are there many black people in Branson and the Ozarks? Do blacks even vacation there? Branson reminds me of Stepford, if you get what I mean. Hawaii is nice, but expensive I am told.

Kam,
    Jill said Branson not me. I say no, Mary wouldn't want to live there.

I was just thinking she'd want to be near her friends, peers, and where the action is which would either be in New York, Los Angeles [[Beverly Hills, Bel-Air, Malibu), or here in more affordable Vegas.

Atlanta on second thought maybe not, they are a much younger group of entertainers but who knows. I think most of her pals probably live in L.A.

Just speculating, lol.

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 09-21-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jill, wow! Those are some low taxes. Michigan is low like that too. Another thing is heating costs! If Mary had the same house in the NorthEast or North Central [[i.e. Michigan, Ohio), her gas heating bills would run her $900 -1200 a month easily.

I remember when I learned what Steven Speilberg was paying in monthly eletric bills for his house near East Hampton, I nearly fell out......over $1,800 a month!
    And our farm here is higher than some other counties. The 800$ a year is for a 150,000$ house and 40 acres of land. My Grandmother's farm [[Which we own now) is just 650$ a year, and that is a house worth 40,000$ [[1,000 square foot 120 year old farm house) and 280 acres of land! If she lived in Branson Proper, then she'd pay higher electric bills than if she lived on a rural estate. All those areas [[mine included) are covered by Non profit Electric cooperatives, so the rates are really low. But going back to that lot size, he says in the video it's 16,988 square feet. A house of that size should have a MINIMUM lot size of 1 acre, which is 43,560 square feet. So you see just how small it is.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 09-21-2013 at 11:18 PM.

And our farm here is higher than some other counties. The 800$ a year is for a 150,000$ house and 40 acres of land. My Grandmother's farm [[Which we own now) is just 650$ a year, and that is a house worth 40,000$ [[1,000 square foot 120 year old farm house) and 280 acres of land! If she lived in Branson Proper, then she'd pay higher electric bills than if she lived on a rural estate. All those areas [[mine included) are covered by Non profit Electric cooperatives, so the rates are really low. But going back to that lot size, he says in the video it's 16,988 square feet. A house of that size should have a MINIMUM lot size of 1 acre, which is 43,560 square feet. So you see just how small it is.
    Jill, $800/yr. for that much property? Is there a local School District or is it Consolidated?

Yes, Mary's house should be surrounded by more land.

I thought Mary was moving to England!? More and more tv is being filmed in NYC. I have read that both Branson and Vegas have been struggling economically. Wow what a beautiful house. Mary designed it? To me living in Branson would not be worth lliving in Branson! Malibu, Vegas...you dont get alot of property sometimes. I have a wealthy friend who lives adjacent to a golf course too and she doesnt play golf. Nor does she have a lot of land. She lives there for the setting, the ammenities and the security. Her place is stunning. According to celebrity wealth website Mary certainly is not struggling. She is very wealthy.
    Last edited by luke; 09-22-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I thought Mary was moving to England!? More and more tv is being filmed in NYC. I have read that both Branson and Vegas have been struggling economically. Wow what a beautiful house. Mary designed it? To me living in Branson would not be worth lliving in Branson! Malibu, Vegas...you dont get alot of property sometimes. I have a wealthy friend who lives adjacent to a golf course too and she doesnt play golf. Nor does she have a lot of land. She lives there for the setting, the ammenities and the security. Her place is stunning. According to celebrity wealth website Mary certainly is not struggling. She is very wealthy.
    Luke, she mentioned her desire to live in London several times in 2011. She seemed very happy living in New York though.

I see Mary as a New York type of gal.....so much there....closer to England [[well, closer than LA). I think Mary was pretty happy in NYC.

That is an awfully huge home to keep up. I am surprised she built something so large. Does Diana live in something that huge? there is no landscape in Vegas as it is so desert. Again,it is costly to maintain that house. No wonder she is trying to sell it.

supremester Guest
    @Luke: LOL at "To me living in Branson would not be worth lliving in Branson!" I love Missouri and if I was raising a family, I would consider it [[not Branson, however.) I hope Mary finds a decent, easier gig than those bus tours. I knew the Vegas thing wasn't gonna happen, but I really do not know why she isn't cast in TV somewhere. There are 8 billion shows on and she's pretty, fun and articulate. She can act better than Nene Leakes, for example. So, I'm guessing she'll wind up in LA. London is very expensive to live in.

I am suprised that Mary has not been involed in more media such as movies and TV since she has such a nice presence and prob easy to get along with. The same with Diane since I think she did a good job in Out of Darkness. I might be in the minority, but I did like her acting in LSTB.

Does the realtor ever say who the house belongs to? At the beginning, he says "You'll never believe.....", but then all you hear is Diana Ross led-Supremes songs, or Diana Ross solo songs. It's true, you see Mary Wilson portraits, but you also see portraits of Flo and Diana. Outside of Mary peeping behind the door [[in a bra?), one might be swayed to believe this house belongs to Miss Ross.

Clearly, this house is trying to be sold on the merit that it belonged to a former Supreme, hence the wigs, the gowns in various rooms, etc. Most "stagers" would have all the "extras" removed from the home, so a potential buyer could envision their furnishings in the various areas.

Regardless, it's a beautiful home and I wish Mary lots of success on her future endeavors. I wonder where Turkessa and her family will live? Weren't they living with Mary?

marybrewster, that is definately Mary's house in the Anthem section of Las Vegas/Henderson.

randy, you can have any type of landscape you want here just like anywhere else. Some people prefer the desert landscape with rock and cactus, etc..., some prefer grass, both have various trees besides beautiful palm trees and other palm plants. You can also get more land depending on your budget. In any case, we are surrounded by the most beautiful mountains which lend to gorgeous views.
    Most everything is new here and it's very clean. It is much more affortable than most places and you get more bang for yur buck with the housing.
    Then there is lots of entertainment, events, festivals, etc...

S.S.
    Last edited by Soul Sister; 09-23-2013 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Does the realtor ever say who the house belongs to? At the beginning, he says "You'll never believe.....", but then all you hear is Diana Ross led-Supremes songs, or Diana Ross solo songs. It's true, you see Mary Wilson portraits, but you also see portraits of Flo and Diana. Outside of Mary peeping behind the door [[in a bra?), one might be swayed to believe this house belongs to Miss Ross.

Clearly, this house is trying to be sold on the merit that it belonged to a former Supreme, hence the wigs, the gowns in various rooms, etc. Most "stagers" would have all the "extras" removed from the home, so a potential buyer could envision their furnishings in the various areas.

Regardless, it's a beautiful home and I wish Mary lots of success on her future endeavors. I wonder where Turkessa and her family will live? Weren't they living with Mary?
    He clearly titled this video clip as "Mary Wilson of the Supremes Home for Sale". You are making a bigger deal out of this than need be.

That's not a bra, it is a white top. She also has on black pants. IF you look even closer in the video, you will see Mary on the phone in another room [[through a window!).