Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
Well I don't think it has anything to do with being raised by nannies or one's own biological parents. Addiction is addiction. The older I get the more that I have come to see that addiction does not discriminate- be it drugs or alcohol. It does not care about race, age, sex, culture, nationality, or social economical background. It's almost like its a part of the human condition. I think the only way to reduce its chances of taking hold or taking over someones life is to stay vigilant against it and to stop it early on if possible. But even then there are no guarantees. While writing this I'm reminded of James Brown song King Heorine. It's a really powerful song. I think addiction stems from unhappiness and is a result of a person not having the avenue or ability to deal with a particular issue or issues in life. It's an escape route away from ones reality/problems. I think everyone has "life problems", it's just a matter of how we choose to deal with them or handle them. Unfortunately some see no other way but to turn to drugs and alcohol.
The only way to stop it is to never do it in the first damn place.