[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I read the story and don't think Paula Dean is a racist. She admitted using the N word a long, long time ago. She's a product of the south. A lot of white southerners used the word in the days before they knew better. It was not a politically correct time. She was contrite and admitted she was not perfect. Remember this all stems from a lawsuit by a former employee who is a black female. It was the employee's lawyer asking the questions. About a plantation styled wedding. We celebrate plantations here in the south. People tour them. I don't think she meant having darkies serving white folks. I've used the N word. I try not to, but I slip and say it, so I understand that some find it offensive. In her defense, I will say Paula Dean and her sons were responsible for the Neeleys , a black couple getting a cooking show on Food Network. Some people are out to ge Ppaula Dan. They are jealous and would like to see her replaced by Trisha Yearwood.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 06-19-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    I read the story and don't think Paula Dean is a racist. She admitted using the N word a long, long time ago. She's a product of the south. A lot of whitecsoutherners used the word in the days before they knew better. It was not a politically correct time. She was contrite and admittedcshe was not perfect. Remember this all stems from a lawsuit by a former employee who is a black female. It was the employee's lawyer asking the questions. About a plantation styled wedding. We celebrate plantations here in the south. People tour them. I don't think she meant having darkies serving white folks. I've used the N word. I try not to, but I slip and say it, so I understand that some find it offensive. In her defense, I will say Paula Dean and her sons were responsible for the Neeleys , a black couple getting a cooking show on Food Network. Some people are out to ge Ppaula Dan. They are jealous and would like to see her replaced by Trisha Yearwood.
    Im sorry kamasu but this isnt the first time Paula Dean has been caught using racist words ad if you read the court transcript she comes across as real bigoted to me.

Respectfully yours,

Roberta

I'm bigoted and racist too. I've called white people "crackers," "M-fing rednecks" "honkies" and talked about them in a derogatory manner. They are words, hateful words, but I know better and don't mean to say some of what I say.

I'm bigoted and racist too. I've called white people "crackers," "M-fing rednecks" "honkies" and talked about them in a derogatory manner. They are words, hateful words, but I know better and don't mean to say some of what I say.
    No offense but that doesnt make it right.

Roberta

But, you meant it some of the time, right?