[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anybody doing the math here? If Paula's share in 2009 was $58,000, which is 1/7 of 2/3 of the whole pie... wow. Why am I not believing those numbers? We've heard for years about the penny-ante if any royalties checks some of the big stars of the past get. This is a major chunk of change, if accurately reported. Remembering that Paul's estate would only be entitled to AT MOST 1/5 of royalties for things he appeared on...

Quote Originally Posted by kalisa View Post
    Anybody doing the math here? If Paula's share in 2009 was $58,000, which is 1/7 of 2/3 of the whole pie... wow. Why am I not believing those numbers? We've heard for years about the penny-ante if any royalties checks some of the big stars of the past get. This is a major chunk of change, if accurately reported. Remembering that Paul's estate would only be entitled to AT MOST 1/5 of royalties for things he appeared on...
    Unless I misread the story, the $58,000 that Paula received was not her share. It was the total amount of royalties that she was then supposed to divide and distribute among the widow and the children.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Unless I misread the story, the $58,000 that Paula received was not her share. It was the total amount of royalties that she was then supposed to divide and distribute among the widow and the children.
    reese... thanks, oK, that makes much more sense. I was figuring that for court filings for bankruptcy she would be reporting HER OWN actual income, not that of monies received in her mailbox but earmarked to be disbursed to other heirs [[whether it was or not). But the amounts are way too high for my figuring to be the case. So now the math is $58,000. = 1/3 plus 5/7 of 2/3 of the total pie. Total pie = $?

Quote Originally Posted by kalisa View Post
    reese... thanks, oK, that makes much more sense. I was figuring that for court filings for bankruptcy she would be reporting HER OWN actual income, not that of monies received in her mailbox but earmarked to be disbursed to other heirs [[whether it was or not). But the amounts are way too high for my figuring to be the case. So now the math is $58,000. = 1/3 plus 5/7 of 2/3 of the total pie. Total pie = $?
    No, Kalisa, you are right the first time. She wouldn't report any of her siblings' income in her own Bankruptcy filing. That simply doesn't make sense. Still, 58K seems awfully high; after all, Paul was involved when the royalties were likely still pretty stingy to the artist. I think in "Dream Girl" Mary reported she got 2 or 3 cents per record or something like that. I think the Motown Detectives need to go to work here to figure out the numbers!