[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diana could barely acknowledge Mary Wilson's passing and the Supremes' Lifetime Grammy; you all expect her to write an entire book? Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Diana could barely acknowledge Mary Wilson's passing and the Supremes' Lifetime Grammy; you all expect her to write an entire book? Lol.
    In answer, yes.

I think if her kids push and prod her to do it, and do it right, she might. I also, as I opined some time ago, think it's possible that she has a book written that will drop after she has passed on, because that seems like something she would do.

That being said, when it comes to the Grammy, looking back, I'm still disappointed she didn't show up, but whatever. As regards to Mary's passing, I think Diana had to tread very carefully because of the very public dust ups between them. If Diana said nothing, she would have been vilified. Had she written a long, gushing, nostalgic post, people would have accused her of being fake. She really was damned either way.

I don't know whether Diana cared even a little bit about the Grammy. I do believe she cared about Mary and was genuinely sad about her passing. Despite everything, the two of them went way back to a simpler and innocent time, before the world knew their names. I imagine the news hit Diana like a ton of bricks. But of course she wouldn't tell us that.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    In answer, yes.

I think if her kids push and prod her to do it, and do it right, she might. I also, as I opined some time ago, think it's possible that she has a book written that will drop after she has passed on, because that seems like something she would do.

That being said, when it comes to the Grammy, looking back, I'm still disappointed she didn't show up, but whatever. As regards to Mary's passing, I think Diana had to tread very carefully because of the very public dust ups between them. If Diana said nothing, she would have been vilified. Had she written a long, gushing, nostalgic post, people would have accused her of being fake. She really was damned either way.

I don't know whether Diana cared even a little bit about the Grammy. I do believe she cared about Mary and was genuinely sad about her passing. Despite everything, the two of them went way back to a simpler and innocent time, before the world knew their names. I imagine the news hit Diana like a ton of bricks. But of course she wouldn't tell us that.
    Agree with everything you said RanRan.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    She acknowledged Marys passing twice and I believe was shaken up by it. As for the Grammys she should have shown up or sent Rhonda.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    As for the Grammys she should have shown up or sent Rhonda.
    Very much agree.