[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If I may make a suggestion guys, could we put a lid on Cindy and Flo's income levels?

I say this because the world is crazy. If anyone reading this stuff, and we don't know who really does or doesn't, should think Cindy has a lot of $, well a person not in his right mind might do anything to get to her or her son or to Flo's daughters.

I'm saying this putting myself in their places. I would be offended, and would feel insecure, knowing people, though well-meaning, were making open estimates of my income. Guys, it's just not a safe thing to do.

Can we just pray for Cindy? I pray for her release actually. I listen to her and Flo's music and just marvel over the the magic they made in the Supremes. I leave business matters to the privacy of their families.

Not trying to offend any poster on her, just making a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    If I may make a suggestion guys, could we put a lid on Cindy and Flo's income levels?

I say this because the world is crazy. If anyone reading this stuff, and we don't know who really does or doesn't, should think Cindy has a lot of $, well a person not in his right mind might do anything to get to her or her son or to Flo's daughters.

I'm saying this putting myself in their places. I would be offended, and would feel insecure, knowing people, though well-meaning, were making open estimates of my income. Guys, it's just not a safe thing to do.
    As far as I can see, no one here is explicitly referencing dollar amounts, or making open estimates of income. If this is a concern, you may want to advise the family to call the NY Times, as they had published how much Cindy is receiving per month from royalties in this latest article. Gman was asking an innocent question based on the information already published, as he was wondering how it is possible that she is still receiving royalties, considering the fact that she signed a release with Motown in 1976. This is not new information and has been discussed here in the past. I see that he did ask about how much Jean or Scherrie would be receiving in royalties these days, but there's no way that any of us would even know an accurate answer to this, nor do I care to know the answer.

I'm sorry to say that their families have already been, and may possibly continue to be targeted by financial leeches [but hopefully not], just by nature of who they are related to. We've seen this time and time again. It's sad, because they all deserve better, whether it be Cindy and her family, Flo's daughters, or any other artist who has struggled in the wake of Motown's 'business practices' and 'the wolves' that have followed. I wish them well.
    Last edited by carlo; 04-26-2024 at 10:28 AM.