[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Think of it this way. The Mike Douglas Show aired Mon-Fri for 21 years. They had a musical guest on just about every day! His show easily rivaled Dick Clark's AB, Ed Sullivan and Soul Train for the number of musical guest artists appearing on the show. Mike had hundreds of well known and nearly well known musical acts on his show. Many like the Supremes, appeared many times over the years.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-11-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Think of it this way. The Mike Douglas Show aired Mon-Fri for 21 years. They had a musical guest on just about every day! His show easily rivaled Dick Clark's AB, Ed Sullivan and Soul Train for the number of musical guest artists appearing on the show. Mike had hundreds of well known and nearly well known musical acts on his show. Many like the Supremes, appeared many times over the years.
    I would like to think most of the musical performances are preserved unlike other shows where they were often wiped after transmission. The BBC wiped hundreds of episodes of TOP OF THE POPS thus depriving future generations the opportunity to see performances from some of the all time greats. So sad, but i guess back in the 60's and 70's they could not have possibly known about future technology which would have given people access to see these timeless performances again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I would like to think most of the musical performances are preserved unlike other shows where they were often wiped after transmission. The BBC wiped hundreds of episodes of TOP OF THE POPS thus depriving future generations the opportunity to see performances from some of the all time greats. So sad, but i guess back in the 60's and 70's they could not have possibly known about future technology which would have given people access to see these timeless performances again.
    Well, Mike Douglas didn't wipe his stuff [[ok I don't like the way that sounds.....LOL). This another of his 60s shows.....from 1964 :

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Well, Mike Douglas didn't wipe his stuff [[ok I don't like the way that sounds.....LOL). This another of his 60s shows.....from 1964 :

I would love the job of trawling through the archives to trace some more of these timeless performances. So glad that Mike Douglas did not wipe his stuff!!! This is another of my personal favourites. Thank you again for posting it.

You will not find these two acts , along with hundreds more that are missing from the Wikipedia listing.