[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crystaledwards Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I didn't realize she was that popular or that successful. WOW! This a very dramatic fall from grace some what.

Yes there are still a lot of companies that have institutionalized racism in them. I, at one time worked for a Fortune 100 corporation that had offices in Detroit. I was the only African American there. I was eventually told informally that the reason they had not ever hired any black professionals is that they could not find any qualified........IN ALL OF DETROIT METRO!!!!

I've heard this from other large corporations over the years. It is the official cop out when pressed for an answer!!!
    I am so sorry you were subjected to a Fortune 100 corporation's ignorant racism. I deplore racism and homophobia. I also have little time for organized religion. Most religions, to varying degrees,are corrupt and self-serving, and tend to discriminate against the GLBT community.

People are born into a race, they have no choice about the matter.People are born Gay or Lesbian, they also have no choice about the matter. You can't choose to abandon your race nor can you choose to be heterosexual. I will argue for as long as it takes against any and all racism, sexism, homophobia and anti-Semitism, and I do so in the name of equality for all. I will confront bigots face to face and I will call out the more cowardly ones that hide behind anonymity by way of a computer screen.

The person with the loudest, most inflammatory opinion gets the most attention. That's how the Internet works. For example on YouTube, when people say racist, sexist, anti-Semitic or homophobic things in the comments section, they start a whole firestorm that brings them the attention they desperately crave and don't get in their everyday lives. Social media also gives permission to be hateful and bigoted because usually no one knows who you are. Online, you can usually say whatever you want in a public forum without consequences. In real life, you can't do that.

In my humble opinion I have found the obsessive abuse of minorities, women and gays seems overwhelmingly to fall at the feet of the narrow-mined, self loathing and ill-educated.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystaledwards View Post
    I am so sorry you were subjected to a Fortune 100 corporation's ignorant racism. I deplore racism and homophobia. I also have little time for organized religion. Most religions, to varying degrees,are corrupt and self-serving, and tend to discriminate against the GLBT community.
    That depend on what church you go to my dear so while I agreee with you on a lot of what you wrote I have to respectfully disagree with you about church and religions. My church welcome lesbian ladies and homosexual gentlemen in fact my pastor preaches that everyone regardkless of what color they are or who they sleep with is welcome in the house of the Lord and welcome to eat and drink at God's table during communion. Not all religions are predjuced.

Yours with every good wish.

Roberta