[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    You know why, don't you? Police = good. Black people = bad. Mainstream America = White people. And you know White people are scared of Black folks. Blacks are seen as lawless animals. So, to them, whatever is done to protect decent White folk, even if it means killing a few of those "animals", justifies the police brutality. Then, They can watch all the looting and burning down their own neighborhoods on TV and use it to justify more police, harsher sentences, less funding for public schools, and god-forbid: public assistance!
    While I'm fully aware that ethnic politics are powerful forces in our country, I'm also loathe to make a blanket statement that appears to equate Whiteness with oppression and Blackness with virtue or victims. I understand your point as well as why it was made, but I have been helped too many times in my experience by white folks and held back [[or outright attacked) by many who look like me. Of course, the opposite is quite true as well, but you get my point.

There are enough insecure fools in our land who find strength in numbers. That is why a lot of white people use race to divide and subjugate people of other races. It's also true, though, that criminals of all ethnic backgrounds prey on their own communities, classes, and kind. Generalization is harmful to those who label others as the bad guys because it leaves the door open for fools like the rioters to burn down my property under the guise of seeking justice against someone else. It's quite simply bullshit of the highest order.

I see what I see. I hear Rush and Beck and all of the Faux News 'personalities' using racial buzzwords to keep the lower and middle class citizens stirred up. I look at the initiatives proposed by the Koch brothers' agents and I know they are specifically drawn up to keep minorities [[and Blacks in particular) from ever having a seat at the table. I watched the results of the past midterm elections and realize that no matter what the president does, he's going to be seen as some uppity n***** who had the gall to sit at massa's table by half of the people in this country and it pisses me off.

But as mad as I am, I push back from making statements that I feel are overly broad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    While I'm fully aware that ethnic politics are powerful forces in our country, I'm also loathe to make a blanket statement that appears to equate Whiteness with oppression and Blackness with virtue or victims. I understand your point as well as why it was made, but I have been helped too many times in my experience by white folks and held back [[or outright attacked) by many who look like me. Of course, the opposite is quite true as well, but you get my point.

There are enough insecure fools in our land who find strength in numbers. That is why a lot of white people use race to divide and subjugate people of other races. It's also true, though, that criminals of all ethnic backgrounds prey on their own communities, classes, and kind. Generalization is harmful to those who label others as the bad guys because it leaves the door open for fools like the rioters to burn down my property under the guise of seeking justice against someone else. It's quite simply bullshit of the highest order.

I see what I see. I hear Rush and Beck and all of the Faux News 'personalities' using racial buzzwords to keep the lower and middle class citizens stirred up. I look at the initiatives proposed by the Koch brothers' agents and I know they are specifically drawn up to keep minorities [[and Blacks in particular) from ever having a seat at the table. I watched the results of the past midterm elections and realize that no matter what the president does, he's going to be seen as some uppity n***** who had the gall to sit at massa's table by half of the people in this country and it pisses me off.

But as mad as I am, I push back from making statements that I feel are overly broad.
    My post was designed to be a bit over the top, but it isn't far from the truth.