[REMOVE ADS]

And I Am Telling You She's Not Going

These next four years are gonna suck!

Quote Originally Posted by jboy88 View Post
    These next four years are gonna suck!
    You're telling me?!

On the Holliday score, it wasn't until the Internet dragged her behind up one side and down the other that she caved. What in the world was she thinking?

She saw dollar signs but realized that those fat cats at the event won't know know the songs she sings and they sure as heck won't make up for the fans she would lose. She almost screwed up like Steve Harvey.

She wasn't thinking. Had no business accepting that invite...SMH!!!

Amen, Mr. Oz and glencro. She came to her senses when she realized her very livelihood would come to a screeching halt as a result. The LGBTQ community does NOT play that...not to mention liberal-minded Black folks of all orientations. There would go her audience.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-14-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    She saw dollar signs but realized that those fat cats at the event won't know know the songs she sings and they sure as heck won't make up for the fans she would lose. She almost screwed up like Steve Harvey.
    The also know they could not possibly get Aretha Franklin or anyone close to her stature.

Can you imagine all of the singers and artists that would have participated had Hillary won?

The backlash was what made jenifer Holliday cancel. If there was no backlash shed have done this gig and taken the $$$$$$. Im real disapointed that Steve Harvey met with the Orange fool at Trump tower although Harveys awful jokes about Asaian men were disgusting. He may say he didnt but my gut tells me Harvey probably voted for Trump.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...istic-pod.html

Thanks for the link, Roberta75. Harvey's a tap-dancing, shuffling, bumbling, hypocritical idiot.
    And you can quote me.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for the link, Roberta75. Harvey's a tap-dancing, shuffling, bumbling, hypocritical idiot.
    And you can quote me.
    I used to watch family feud but after his horrible Asian jokes and meeting with Trump I will never watch it again.

Watch DL Hughley blast Trump and those who visit him and I dont ever cuss but this cussing was appropriate IMO.

https://www.radiofacts.com/dl-hughle...s-trump-visit/

Steve Harvey can make any excuse he wants as to why he went. I'm not watching his talk show, Family Feud, or Little Big Shots again. And I surely won't watch him embarrass himself on the Miss Universe Pageant, where they only brought him back because his ignorance became news the last time. If he didn't ask Donald Trump about the Central Park 5 or his support of birtherism to delegitimize President Obama's fitness to serve, then he's a sellout, regardless of what good he thinks can come out of it.

Steve Harvey can make any excuse he wants as to why he went. I'm not watching his talk show, Family Feud, or Little Big Shots again. And I surely won't watch him embarrass himself on the Miss Universe Pageant, where they only brought him back because his ignorance became news the last time. If he didn't ask Donald Trump about the Central Park 5 or his support of birtherism to delegitimize President Obama's fitness to serve, then he's a sellout, regardless of what good he thinks can come out of it.

the orange buffoon started and peddled the bigoted and hateful Birtherism for 8 years and his flock of dumb followers elected him for it. Now hes fgoing into office with the lowest approval in history and wait until his racist supportters find out hes taking away they healthcare and isnt building a dumb wall. Buyers remorse is just around the corner and his honeymoons gonna end in 6 months. He is not and never will be my president and shame on Steve Harvey cause you know he never brought up Trumps disgusting retoric about President Obama.

Roberta, when buyers remorse starts to reach fever pitch he's going to find a reason to declare war on Iran or put soldiers back on the ground in Iraq. The reason he's smearing intelligence is so that he will have the culpable deniability of blaming them when he does it. It's no coincidence that Reagan [[Grenada), Bush I [[Kuwait), and Bush II [[Iraq, Afghanistan) have taken us into conflict. They do it to galvanize the country when things start to look bad. Trump will have us fighting somebody by the middle of 2018.

I hope only the Deplorable soldiers get shot [[but not killed).

Explaining why she agreed and ultimately backed out of the inauguration. It turns out that she's a Republican.
    http://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/je...n-824078915806

Explaining why she agreed and ultimately backed out of the inauguration. It turns out that she's a Republican.
    http://www.msnbc.com/am-joy/watch/je...n-824078915806
    I wouldnt be surprised if Steve Harveys a Reuplican as well regardless of what he say publicly.

Roberta, when buyers remorse starts to reach fever pitch he's going to find a reason to declare war on Iran or put soldiers back on the ground in Iraq. The reason he's smearing intelligence is so that he will have the culpable deniability of blaming them when he does it. It's no coincidence that Reagan [[Grenada), Bush I [[Kuwait), and Bush II [[Iraq, Afghanistan) have taken us into conflict. They do it to galvanize the country when things start to look bad. Trump will have us fighting somebody by the middle of 2018.

I hope only the Deplorable soldiers get shot [[but not killed).
    Im hoping he gets impeached within a year cause the Russians have stuff on the Orange one and theres more civil lawsuits to come and we may get proof that he was directly involved with Russia and Seceratary Clintons e-mail hacks. Pence isnt much better than Trump cause to the right of Hitler. Oh what a horrible mess.

When this president wakes up on[jan.21]and realizes that he has to deal with the whole country and it's problems and it's not a reality show,he's gonna soil his sheets.

No, he's not. If he was someone who felt responsibility for the people he impacts, he wouldn't have run for president knowing that he's not prepared for the job. He's entirely ego driven and if he brings the country down around him, then it's somebody else's fault. I'm glad to consider that his failure is going to make Obama's legacy that much brighter.

No, he's not. If he was someone who felt responsibility for the people he impacts, he wouldn't have run for president knowing that he's not prepared for the job. He's entirely ego driven and if he brings the country down around him, then it's somebody else's fault. I'm glad to consider that his failure is going to make Obama's legacy that much brighter.
    Bingo. They might as well start carving a space for Barack on Mt. Rushmore now, in that case.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-17-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Saw a VERY interesting documentary today detailing the history of the Trump family...

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/m...t-to-president

Jennifer appeared on the View today and talked about death threats and abuse she got over all this , which in my opinion is even worse than if she appeared at Trump's inaugural. She was really shaken. When will people practice what they preach?

On a lighter note...click on this link at your own risk!!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...555674%2F&_rdr

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Jennifer appeared on the View today and talked about death threats and abuse she got over all this , which in my opinion is even worse than if she appeared at Trump's inaugural. She was really shaken. When will people practice what they preach?
    All of that is out of line, Luke. But so is Trump's rhetoric and long history of behavior toward peoples of color and LGBTQ community. If he practices what he preaches, it will significantly reduce the quality of life of millions of Americans.

If someone supports someone who installs a cabinet of men who have a record of racist and intolerant words and actions, it is safe to say that many people literally feel threatened by Trump and his plans. And if the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it certainly stands to reason that the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

She's got a right to do what ever she wants to do. But to support someone who is unashamedly intolerant and a threat to your way of life is to invite the anger of many who feel betrayed by her.

All of that is out of line, Luke. But so is Trump's rhetoric and long history of behavior toward peoples of color and LGBTQ community. If he practices what he preaches, it will significantly reduce the quality of life of millions of Americans.

If someone supports someone who installs a cabinet of men who have a record of racist and intolerant words and actions, it is safe to say that many people literally feel threatened by Trump and his plans. And if the enemy of my enemy is my friend, it certainly stands to reason that the friend of my enemy is my enemy.

She's got a right to do what ever she wants to do. But to support someone who is unashamedly intolerant and a threat to your way of life is to invite the anger of many who feel betrayed by her.
    Very well stated JerryOz and since the Orange one won the electoral college NOT the popular vote hate crimes have risen drasticaly. The Orange ones rhetorics giving people permission to be sexist and racist and homophobic. Hes got a lot to answer for imo.

She must have received death threat after her statement cause she didnt mention it before.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.226b7db20b25

Here's the list of those scheduled to perform for Trump's Inauguration hehehehehehe.....

Toby Keith

Sam Moore [[he's replacing Jennifer Holliday)

3 Doors Down

Chrisette Michele

Lee Greenwood

Jon Voight

Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts

The Piano Guys

Tim Rushlow

Larry Stewart

Marty Roe

Darryl Worley

Larry Gatlin

DJ Ravidrums

I have heard of only 4 on the list above.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have heard of only 4 on the list above.
    Lol, I have heard of 0

[[Make that 1... I didn't know that was Sam of Sam & Dave, wow and thanks Jerry )
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 01-18-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Too bad that I like Sam & Dave records so much that I won't be deleting them from my hard drive. Glad Dave Prater won't be around to hear his partner sing. I'm pretty sure their last years together were a huge bucket of piss and bad times, anyway.

What's he going to sing? "Oh Damn! Don's Comin'" and "Don's Heart's Cold, Man" to the strains of "Hold On, I'm Comin'" and "I'm A Soul Man"? Maybe he can slip "Sue Me" instead of "Soothe Me" in there as well.

Jerry, we're cut from the same cloth. Kanye just got the ax from my digital rotations for his shenanigans; I'm contemplating doing the same for Loretta Lynn and Shirley Caesar as well.
    Sam Moore just broke my heart. Like you mentioned, it'll be agony to delete his stuff. The jury's still out. Chrisette Michelle is someone I used to admire as well; such a shame.

I'm not disputing what anyone says about Trump but if people are sincere about justice and ethics, the intolerance shown towards Ms Holiday should be just as offensive or else it's hypocritical and just as offensive as Trump's behavior . I'm as offended by him as everyone else here but if abuse of Ms Holiday is rationalized it's just as bad as those who rationalize Trumps behavior
    Last edited by luke; 01-19-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Jerry, we're cut from the same cloth. Kanye just got the ax from my digital rotations for his shenanigans; I'm contemplating doing the same for Loretta Lynn and Shirley Caesar as well.
    Sam Moore just broke my heart. Like you mentioned, it'll be agony to delete his stuff. The jury's still out. Chrisette Michelle is someone I used to admire as well; such a shame.
    You can add Tony Orlando because he just signed on to perform. I can't believe they couldn't get one top artist that was famous..............in this century! LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 01-19-2017 at 05:50 PM.

I'm not disputing what anyone says about Trump but if people are sincere about justice and ethics, the intolerance shown towards Ms Holiday should be just as offensive or else it's hypocritical and just as offensive as Trump's behavior . I'm as offended by him as everyone else here but if abuse of Ms Holiday is rationalized it's just as bad as those who rationalize Trumps behavior
    Jennifer Holiday has always been a problem from day one!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You can Tony Orlando because he just signed on to perform. I can't believe they couldn't get one top artist that was famous..............in this century! LOL!!!!
    I saw that as well. SMH.

Nobody here excused it. I even agreed with you that it is reprehensible. But it is ironic that she is supportive of someone who embraced violence during his campaign but she is now shocked to find out that others also think that threats of violence are appropriate as a means of expressing unhappiness.

I don't wish Ms. Holliday any harm. God bless her. But with that said, she's at the end of a long list of people for whom I am concerned as a result of the election.

Shirley Caesar? I Googled it and couldn't find her participating. Or are you talking about her #unameitchallenge lawsuit?

Shirley Caesar? I Googled it and couldn't find her participating. Or are you talking about her #unameitchallenge lawsuit?
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shirley Caesars partiocipating in the Orange fools inauguration. Bigots usually stick together.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2935094

Jerry, I should have clarified: I'm boycotting Caesar for her homophobia as opposed to her politics. Not sure if she's a Drumpf supporter.

Jerry, I should have clarified: I'm boycotting Caesar for her homophobia as opposed to her politics. Not sure if she's a Drumpf supporter.
    Me too sansradio and ive got a few of her cds that will be donate to charity.

I understand. Put Kim Burrell on that blacklist. She had two cents to offer in that regard and seemed to be surprised when Ellen cancelled her appearance.

Yep, Burrell was the catalyst for Caesar coming out of her face in the first place. I've washed my hands of her.

Trump basically has no one to perform at his Inauguration Festivities and that makes me happy.