[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi Mikew. Peanut played bass on most of those recordings. HDH hired Motown Sound Engineer Lawrence Horn to be part of their operation. In the beginning some of those early HDH recordings were done at Tera Shirma with some of the Funk Brothers but they still probably had Lawrence Horn doing the engineering. I was always in the rhythm section not the control room but Ralph may be able to tell you more about those sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by dennis_coffey View Post
    Hi Mikew. Peanut played bass on most of those recordings. HDH hired Motown Sound Engineer Lawrence Horn to be part of their operation. In the beginning some of those early HDH recordings were done at Tera Shirma with some of the Funk Brothers but they still probably had Lawrence Horn doing the engineering. I was always in the rhythm section not the control room but Ralph may be able to tell you more about those sessions.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  21.1 KB

Hi Dennis,
    We've got a thread on The Motown Forum talking about this very subject: The difference between the sound of Motown's and the other Detroit Soul labels' instrumental sound of recordings even when The Funk Brothers and other Motown or ex-Motown session players were most of the players on the non-Motown recordings. I hope you and Ralph will contribute to that thread.