[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Aretha has been a bit notorious with her "beefs" with other artists. She and Anita also did not get along for years but Chaka and Aretha are surprisingly very close. I always wondered what was the tiff between Gladys and Aretha. Gladys just said that Aretha had a problem giving respect and left it at that. I honestly believe that Aretha has a fear of being upstaged. A friend who was a member of the choir for the gospel segment of the 2008 Grammys told me that Aretha snapped at BeBe Winans during the rehearsals stating that he was singing on her lines. All hail the queen. Now I have NEVER, EVER heard any negativity about Gladys Knight's character. I've seen her in concert a few times and she has always been very personable and come off as very down to earth.
    BobC, I don't see Gladys publicly stating her frustration with a part of the industry that she's frustrated with as an example of her character as a person. That's an entirely different can of worms that I'm sure other artists could relate to whether they care to state it publicly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Aretha has been a bit notorious with her "beefs" with other artists. She and Anita also did not get along for years but Chaka and Aretha are surprisingly very close. I always wondered what was the tiff between Gladys and Aretha. Gladys just said that Aretha had a problem giving respect and left it at that. I honestly believe that Aretha has a fear of being upstaged. A friend who was a member of the choir for the gospel segment of the 2008 Grammys told me that Aretha snapped at BeBe Winans during the rehearsals stating that he was singing on her lines. All hail the queen. Now I have NEVER, EVER heard any negativity about Gladys Knight's character. I've seen her in concert a few times and she has always been very personable and come off as very down to earth.
    BobC, I don't see Gladys publicly stating her frustration with a part of the industry that she's frustrated with as an example of her character as a person. That's an entirely different can of worms that I'm sure other artists could relate to whether they care to state it publicly or not.
    I have heard that the little situation with Aretha and Gladys started when they were just teenagers and Aretha was traveling the Gospel circuit with her Dad, the Rev C.L. Franklin when they arrived in Atlanta. It seems that everyone wanted to introduce Aretha to Atlanta's young singing sensation, Miss Gladys Knight upon which Aretha clearly appeared unimpressed......hehehehehehe......

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I have heard that the little situation with Aretha and Gladys started when they were just teenagers and Aretha was traveling the Gospel circuit with her Dad, the Rev C.L. Franklin when they arrived in Atlanta. It seems that everyone wanted to introduce Aretha to Atlanta's young singing sensation, Miss Gladys Knight upon which Aretha clearly appeared unimpressed......hehehehehehe......
    LOL, now that sounds like her...just as she referred to Anita Baker as "a good songwriter" while she was climbing the charts. I had to crack up after she complained about Beyonce referring to Tina Turner as the queen. When the media asked her about it, she said "Beyonce who?" LOL...gotta love ReRe