Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
No, funkyfresh, she was not totally honest. This is not about her use of the "n" word. This is about her refusal or inability to recognize the harm of her words. What's worse, she persists in blaming others for her problems. Did you even read the link to the article I posted above yours? The author is deaf-on in her assessment of Deen and her gaffs.

Making excuses that she's a 66-year-old woman from the south doesn't wash. She must be made accountable for her words. That is why all of her corporate partners are bolting.

She made a mistake? She's made many of them, and one was to go on the Today Show and blame everyone else, not apologize, not own up to her beliefs, and, on top of that, she was defiant and made more insulting racial references [["I is what I is, and I ain't changing!"). She doesn't do herself any favors by sounding more ignorant than she already is.

I agree with you in part on your final point, that, we, as Black people need to stop using that word too. By the continued use of that word by blacks, no matter what justification there mat be for it, gives whites, Latinos, and everyone else an excuse. For the record, I never use the word. I did not grow up with it in my home, and I scold family and anyone else I hear use it.
Everybody need to stop using the N word imo and I mean everybody.

Roberta