Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
I will say that Mary wasn't the only one who had difficulty in finding out what artifacts the museum had in its possession.

The Hair parody three-in-one dress was to be photographed for the book, but none of us could figure out how it fit. At one point, Mary threw it back into its box saying "We didn't know how it worked then and we don't know how it works now."

As for the fire that damaged several sets of gowns, I will say that there were several sets assumed to have been destroyed in the fire, but weren't listed on the insurance form for damages. So that raises a series of questions of what happened to them.

Like I said, there are more questions than answers.
the fan rumors are that 9 sets of gowns were lost in the fire. but to be honest, that seems that a huge amount for the girls to be traveling with. I thought that i'd heard that while touring, they would have 5 or 6 sets with them, and sets would be going back and forth. and this was during their heyday too. when they were on the road constantly. in 74 they weren't on the road nearly as much. i think they flew in for these dates and then home. so i don't know that they would have needed 9+ sets. but that's just my opinion