[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Jerry you sound so much like me. I went back in 2001 for my MBA with a GPA of 3.70. We had the internet by then so there was little need to spend nights in the library.
    I was mad that I put all that effort into it and found out that you need a 3.90 to graduate with honors. I had one sweet young lady in my classes that I helped a couple of times and she wound up getting a ribbon for graduating with a 3.95 and I didn't. I had one more "B" than I could afford and still get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I was mad that I put all that effort into it and found out that you need a 3.90 to graduate with honors. I had one sweet young lady in my classes that I helped a couple of times and she wound up getting a ribbon for graduating with a 3.95 and I didn't. I had one more "B" than I could afford and still get one.
    I know what you mean. In a way, I enjoyed Graduate School more because there were times we worked in teams on projects. It was hell working on my dissertation, but I did very well. I did not have a social life for 2 solid years.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I know what you mean. In a way, I enjoyed Graduate School more because there were times we worked in teams on projects. It was hell working on my dissertation, but I did very well. I did not have a social life for 2 solid years.
    Man, I loved working with the teams. I met so many good people, old and young, Black, White, and Asian who made graduate school a great experience. I looked forward to the next classes as soon as the previous ones ended. I knowingly put my social life on hold for the two years it took me as well.

The biggest thing that helped me with graduate school was knowing that I should have done better as an undergrad. LOL. My two best friends in college were my cousins Tony and Lloyd. They drank like fish, so they wanted me to drive them to the clubs because I didn't drink nearly as much. We went out at least five days a week. I would go to work at 8:00am, walk to school at 5:40pm, and catch the bus home at 10:00pm four days a week. At 10:30pm, the phone would ring and by 11:30pm, we'd be out getting down. I'd have them home by 2:00am, be in bed by 3:00am, wake up at 7:00am to do it all over again.

I was so stupid, I could have easily averaged an "A" but got out with a 3.42 GPA. To make it worse, when I graduated, I called them up, wanting to go out and they shot me down saying they then had jobs and couldn't stay out all night.