[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    That is the sell price Jill! The pies must not be that big. My Mom cooks 4-5 for Thankgiving and they bigger than the Patti Pie.
    I hate to say this.. BUT, for that price, there ain't no way these pies could be made with quality ingredients, you just wouldn't make a profit. Then again, I'm SPOILED, I grow my own sweet potatoes, and when I make a pie, I know nothing even from a fine bakery can compare.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    I hate to say this.. BUT, for that price, there ain't no way these pies could be made with quality ingredients, you just wouldn't make a profit. Then again, I'm SPOILED, I grow my own sweet potatoes, and when I make a pie, I know nothing even from a fine bakery can compare.
    Jill my ex brother in law makes these deep dish sweet potato pies, he also makes some out of white potatoes. His first cousin is actor James Earl Jones and says that's how they made them in their family.

Jill my ex brother in law makes these deep dish sweet potato pies, he also makes some out of white potatoes. His first cousin is actor James Earl Jones and says that's how they made them in their family.
    I question the size of the pie for that amount. I heard someone say that it weighs one pound. Do you brown your crust?

I question the size of the pie for that amount. I heard someone say that it weighs one pound. Do you brown your crust?
    Yes.. I think her pies don't look done enough, IMO... I see artificial coloring, too.. no real sweet potato pie is quite THAT shade of orange. There is a HUGE difference among sweet potato varieties, ones that are commercially grown are bred for their ability to be shipped without damage, not for their flavor. I've never purchased a sweet potato in a store that I would even consider "edible". The variety I grow is called "Beauregard".