Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
He didn't state anything bad, just his opinion. And, he didn't say anything negative about transgender people. So, how is that bigotry?

However, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent transgenders from voting. They are trying to prevent Blacks, Latinos, young people, and senior citizens from voting because they tend to vote democrat.
Oh, the whole "there aren't that many of them" mindset and the "or whatever" just come across as dismissive and marginalizing. For years people said the same thing about the LGBT community as a whole and now, look at the strides they've made. I'm pretty sure if you were black and lived in a town of 90% whites and you overheard someone say "how many are there anyway?" or "African Americans or whatever" it wouldn't go over too well...

Fun fact re: voter ID. I'll have to dig up the clip and send it to you. In Texas which has gotten a LOT of heat [[rightfully so) with regards to their Voter ID laws of late, now the VETERANS are having problems voting. How much face loss is that going to be for that moron Perry when an old white Republican Korean War veteran can't vote?!? Geeeeeeeeezzzzzus!!!