[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    Thank you very much, Carole!

That is all pretty interesting reading. There was something about the sound Motown got when they were using just 3 tracks and even when they bounced the 3 tracks to eight, to me, the sound seemed a bit brighter and a bit bigger. The eight track productions were excellent, but I think once it went to 16, something was definitely lost.

Sometimes, you'll hear a music track that is technically "correct"; all levels perfect and perfectly balanced, but it sounds a bit generic. When Motown was using 3 and 8 tracks, there was a very vibrant and distinctly Detroit sound there. Like someone said when we were talking about this, there was a little dirt in the sound that gave it character.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200803211.../olmo/olmo.php

huntergettingcaptured Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    Carole

Moment of silence because I'm floored... This is THE article that unlocked everything!

Thank you and your Blessed, Magnificent, Beautiful Mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by huntergettingcaptured View Post
    Carole

Moment of silence because I'm floored... This is THE article that unlocked everything!

Thank you and your Blessed, Magnificent, Beautiful Mind!!
    Ditto from me.