[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    TopDiva, that was the jam that pretty much officially kicked off the Disco Explosion here in New York in the seventies!

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    TopDiva, that was the jam that pretty much officially kicked off the Disco Explosion here in New York in the seventies!
    WHAT!!! I certainly did not know that. I hope that Unsung will get around to Eddie Kendricks as well.

Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by topdiva1 View Post
    WHAT!!! I certainly did not know that. I hope that Unsung will get around to Eddie Kendricks as well.

Thanks for the info.
    Oh come on! I mean everybody knows that it was the extended play of "Girl You Need A Change of Mind" by Eddie Kendricks that began it all across the board. Denzel Washington even talks about it in one of his interviews a fews back. Eddie Murphy's mentioned it as well. I know it from just being here.

Check this out. An excerpt from Wikipedia's Eddie Kendricks bio:

Solo career and later years
    Kendricks' solo career began slowly; he endured two years of singles that missed the Top 40, while The Temptations continued with their string of Norman Whitfield-helmed hits [[one of which, "Superstar [[Remember How You Got Where You Are)", was written as a jab towards Kendricks and Ruffin). Despite enjoying only a modicum of commercial success and radio airplay, Kendricks's 1972 album People... Hold On [[with the aid of his touring group, The Young Senators) was a cornerstone of DJ playlists in downtown New York's nascent disco scene. The expansive, eight minute take on "Girl, You Need A Change Of Mind" [[Later remade by R&B singer D'Angelo for the Get on the Bus Soundtrack) from the album was a particular favorite at David Mancuso's Loft. As the dance craze seeped through into other cities,