[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    An excellent concept, which is annoying as it’s always more fun to disagree lol. Your track listing above makes for a far more commercial and cohesive sounding album. Its ironic the album was named after the only truly duff track featured on it.
    In truth the album wasn’t really needed at all. “These Thing Will Keep Me Loving You” was another sure fire hit while “Your All I Need” and “Now That There’s You both held pop potential.
    I hate to show my neuroses to the public, but I used to get embarrassed when the title song was played in front of anyone, I will never ever ever ever understand it’s inclusion in the album let alone making at the title song.

there’s no way the sales department was going to allow just one album per year, they were used to more. Motown did the same BS with The Supremes and new ways but love stays [[a title I particularly love because it addressed the fact that there was a new group, but we are staying the course. So far there had been no liner notes or anything to acknowledge the fact that a major change has happened, so I really left the title for that reason). Anyway, that album should not have been released without a second single and in my opinion there’s not a second single on the album. It’s a wonderful album, but I got thrown under the bus because for whatever reason stones live didn’t generate enough interest. If there was just going to be one single on it, they should’ve had the follow up just downed live ready to go when it dropped. Both acts or horribly mismanaged in my opinion they both deserved a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    I hate to show my neuroses to the public, but I used to get embarrassed when the title song was played in front of anyone, I will never ever ever ever understand it’s inclusion in the album let alone making at the title song.

there’s no way the sales department was going to allow just one album per year, they were used to more. Motown did the same BS with The Supremes and new ways but love stays [[a title I particularly love because it addressed the fact that there was a new group, but we are staying the course. So far there had been no liner notes or anything to acknowledge the fact that a major change has happened, so I really left the title for that reason). Anyway, that album should not have been released without a second single and in my opinion there’s not a second single on the album. It’s a wonderful album, but I got thrown under the bus because for whatever reason stones live didn’t generate enough interest. If there was just going to be one single on it, they should’ve had the follow up just downed live ready to go when it dropped. Both acts or horribly mismanaged in my opinion they both deserved a lot better.
    I've always thought that the titles of the first two Supremes albums should have been swapped; the debut being "New Ways but Love Stays" referring to Jean joining [[new ways) and the Supremes continuing [[but love stays). With the success of "Up the Ladder", "RIGHT ON!" seems more appropriate?