[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Just add "humorless" to the list of attributes preferred by injury industry professionals.
    That's the truth. They are also highly sensitive people. I know. I've talked to many of them. A lot of them are very politically conservative, despite their working in a supposedly "liberal" industry.

But, my main point to arr&bee is that record industry people don't have time for silliness or speculation, or the gossip that typically goes on here. Aside from the fact that record company executives, producers, and engineers read that forum, it's just makes sense to format your posts legibly, as that forum is read by people from literally around the world, many for whom English is not their first language. They can't always decipher the nuances and slang of we native English speakers.

Be coherent when you post. I'm not saying that you have be formal on an informal message board, but just use the basic sentence formatting, punctuation, and capitalization you learned in grade school. It's that simple. People are judged by how they write. If you write with run-on sentences, misspell, and don't use capitalization, people will think that you aren't serious, or are drunk.

Many of the members and moderators on that forum are professionals in various industries where writing is critical. if you write like youre drunk..sippin' that hooch heeeeheeee no one will read your posts and ignore you...you see what im sayin

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    That's the truth. They are also highly sensitive people. I know. I've talked to many of them. A lot of them are very politically conservative, despite their working in a supposedly "liberal" industry.

But, my main point to arr&bee is that record industry people don't have time for silliness or speculation, or the gossip that typically goes on here. Aside from the fact that record company executives, producers, and engineers read that forum, it's just makes sense to format your posts legibly, as that forum is read by people from literally around the world, many for whom English is not their first language. They can't always decipher the nuances and slang of we native English speakers.

Be coherent when you post. I'm not saying that you have be formal on an informal message board, but just use the basic sentence formatting, punctuation, and capitalization you learned in grade school. It's that simple. People are judged by how they write. If you write with run-on sentences, misspell, and don't use capitalization, people will think that you aren't serious, or are drunk.

Many of the members and moderators on that forum are professionals in various industries where writing is critical. if you write like youre drunk..sippin' that hooch heeeeheeee no one will read your posts and ignore you...you see what im sayin
    Name:  av-6.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  19.6 KB
    The capitalisation problem exists mainly because many people post from their mobile phones, which are difficult to type using capital letters because of small keys and needing to also press both the funtion [[FN) key at the same time as the letter key to produce a capital letter. It makes the typing so slow and difficult that it is often not worth the effort.

You're absolutely right soulster,which is why i love this forum so much, i come here like most of us do to relax and just rap about music or the issues of the day or whatever,of course my writing isn't politically correct[hehe]but we are like family in that we argue but we mostly get along without the little nitpicking[which i hate]that other forums have,when i'm here it's like i'm at my kitchen table wher anything can be discussed just be rspectful.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    You're absolutely right soulster,which is why i love this forum so much, i come here like most of us do to relax and just rap about music or the issues of the day or whatever,of course my writing isn't politically correct[hehe]but we are like family in that we argue but we mostly get along without the little nitpicking[which i hate]that other forums have,when i'm here it's like i'm at my kitchen table wher anything can be discussed just be rspectful.
    We relax there too, but they nip any nitpicking or trolling in the bud.

There, they remove problem posts and even ban people from threads if they act up. There are no cat-fights or any snide remarks allowed there. The reason they ban kitchen table topics is because they always turn into nasty fights. Someone says a tiny little something about a political or religious position, someone takes offense, then someone else adds in race, then someone with an opposite opinion doesn't like what is being said and counters with their own opinion in harsher words, and, eventually you have insults and Fox news rhetoric being thrown around, then someone brings Al Sharpton or rap music into it, then someone brings in Donald Trump, and then you've got people insulting entire religions or races, or women, then it turns into hoes and abortions, blaming everything on Obama, and what your mama does in bed with you, and before you know it, the thread is so bad it has to be removed from the site and multiple people get suspended or banned.

I guarantee you that if this place had 10,000 members, thousands of posts a day, and a very diverse crowd, Ralph would also have to get eight moderators and pile on the rules to keep the peace.
    Last edited by soulster; 01-18-2016 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    JAI I enjoy communicating with you and the rest of them. I too like it that we can relax and not have to worry so much about grammar, spelling and puncuations. I know that I sometimes have the habit of typing too fast and leaving out some words in my posts. Luckily, I can go back and edit it if I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    JAI I enjoy communicating with you and the rest of them. I too like it that we can relax and not have to worry so much about grammar, spelling and puncuations. I know that I sometimes have the habit of typing too fast and leaving out some words in my posts. Luckily, I can go back and edit it if I choose.
    English was always my best subject in school.