Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
I don’t know why would make up such a total, a lengthy lie about the farewell show. But he told her to more people than just me. What is your source that unequivocably that the released farewell album was only from the last show? I think I’m going to need at least some convincing because Deek didn’t just mention this, we had a pretty lengthy conversation about it because of course it was great dirt and I was asking a lot of questions. For a guy who is making up the story he sure had a lot of answers ready. And if you look at the picture of them in the booth after the show on January 14, Mary is raising her glass and diana is directing her glass away from her as if she might be afraid it might spill on her. That’s how it looks to me . Or at least looks like it could be that. And I’ve said this before but, I don’t know one person, who either personally heard, or knows anyone who heard mary ever express happiness for any of diana ross’s solo successes. I think Mary‘s feelings got the best of her that night.
If you knew me, you'd know I don't make up lies just to prove a point. I have a degree in history and work for a museum, telling the truth and going back to facts is quite important to me. If the Farewell album was a highly edited album from various shows because Mary was a problem then I would say so. The master tapes say otherwise. What we hear is what happened at the show. And I never said Deke was making up the story. A lot of people misremember things. Like BayouMotownMan said, Deke told him the album is mostly the final show. There were some mixing issues similar to what happened with the Copa show so Deke brought Mary into the studio to dub over her two leads. If you listen closely, you can hear her live vocal underneath.

But to say I lie on here. I don't go for that.