Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
Yea, that's true. He was definitely playing her something he was working on as i can remember reading the article. Wish i knew from where.
I remember reading something about this in Gerri Hershey's book NOWHERE TO RUN. I think it was some of the material that ended up on MIDNIGHT LOVE. In SUPREME FAITH, Mary wrote of the visit. In his book DELIVER US FROM TEMPTATION, Tony Turner also mentioned the visit. I believe all placed it in the early 80s when Marvin was in Europe.

Also in SUPREME FAITH, Mary wrote that Pedro was talking to Marvin about him working with the group but things never came together. She places this around the period of the 1975 self-titled album. But she concluded by saying when they saw him, he was so rundown and exhausted. And afterwards, they stopped pursuing the idea.

That said, when the group appeared on Mike Douglas in 1977, Mary said that she had just learned that Marvin would be producing her. When Mike asked did this mean she was going solo, she sort of played coy and said something about waiting to see what God had in store.