It's not at all surprising to me that Valerie, and Nick, as well as others involved in those Marvin/Valerie tracks, would be bound by Berry Gordy, by contract or otherwise, to NOT talk about Val singing on those tracks. Berry was always one to want to maintain a certain image of Motown, and he may have also been concerned about how that knowledge would affect sales, since the Marvin/Tammi brand was so successful. It doesn't have anything to do with lying...just business and image. If people remember, Tammi's first hit, with Marvin, was engineered with Marvin's vocal being added to Tammi's solo...and it was a well-kept secret for decades...and I, and I'm sure others, believed, and WANTED to believe that they recorded it together.
I think that anyone who is interested in the truth about it can put together all the more factual information, the timeline of the recordings [[some significant information revealed in the newest Tammi Solo Collection), and also compare the various vocals. And this new information about how the Marvin/ Valerie tracks were loaded to and identified on ITunes only serves to validate those of us that believe that Valerie sang on most of the tracks on "Easy" as Tammi. And I think that some folks may not want to know the truth...that it's very important for them to maintain a very sweet and romantic idea of what happened. But, for me, what happened to Tammi, was not only sweet and romantic, but very tragic and sad...and I think that it complicated Motown's plans for Tammi and Marvin. I don't think there are any liars or evil in any of this. I just think that people did what they felt they needed to...for Tammi, and for whatever other reasons they had.
...a peaceful Thanksgiving to you all...