Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
I can believe she was apprehensive about the whole thing, since she and Berry weren't on good terms. The fact that she wanted to say something nice about the whole thing, on stage, in front of Berry, tells me that ultimately she was glad to be able to do something that might smooth things over.

I think the biggest problem she had was reuniting with Mary and Cindy, emphasis on Mary. Not that I think she had any real issues with either one of them, but they represented, again, especially Mary, things she would rather forget. I imagine standing onstage with Mary again, she might feel more like DianE Ross, when she would always prefer to be DIANA Ross. Even the culling of the medley down to one song probably had more to do with Diana not wanting to be a Supreme for too long rather than her being too sick. After all, she looks like she's having a ball when she cuts into Adam Ant's performance. Even her sickness, I now wonder if she made her self sick with apprehension about the event as opposed to really having a bug.
Some good points that i agree with. [[Shock horror). She was still establishing a new sound and image at that point in time. I think the last thing she wanted was to be seen as a Supreme, while realising that cold shouldering the event would be construed as a snub from a haughty diva by disgruntled fans and media alike.