Lets be real: Mary knew from two decades of experience that whatever she wanted or felt or had an opinion about meant nothing to Motown. So Mary voicing her objections were going to fall on deaf ears. Mary was hellbent on making sure that the Supremes reunion was not going to turn out like a DRATS repeat. No one behind the scenes was invested in Mary Wilson or her feelings. Diana Ross was a global superstar. What she wanted, felt, etc was going to get the attention.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: why exactly was it necessary for Diana- during a reunion of her groupmates- to stand in front of them? When they moved in close together, that's how the reunion should have gone forth. The only reason for Diana to move ahead was to once again convince everybody that she is the important piece of the puzzle and the other two are just there for decoration.

Listening to the audio, Mary and Cindy come across very well. They aren't louder than Diana nor is it a glaring contrast, like it was during the Supremes' appearance on Sammy Davis where the background mics were as loud or louder than the lead mic. I think being able to actually hear Mary and Cindy turned out to be an advantage, not a disadvantage.

We often talk about the sexist attitude toward Diana because she had certain standards, a way to do things, her way, taking control, as it relates to her shows and appearances and how she's often unfairly maligned because of it. Shouldn't Mary have had the same choices? Shouldn't she want to be heard when singing and then doing what she felt she needed to do to achieve this, knowing no one was going to help her? I think so.

Mary going off script with her speech was unprofessional. Mary calling out to Berry to come on down when that wasn't what she was tasked to do, was unprofessional. Diana shoving-hitting-pushing- or whatever she did in physically responding to not being allowed to be the center of attention and also going out during someone else's performance is much, much worst. If Mary going off mark made blood boil, Diana appearing where she wasn't supposed to during someone else's performance must make heads explode.