Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
i think Telephone is absolutely dreadful. it plods along with no direction and she sounds thin and whiney.

i agree that SA is a hodge podge but i think it holds together ok. SA, Missing, Touch, it's your move, all of you are all solid tracks. Rescue Me and Forever Young are ok enough but nothing great.

I know the song Nobody Makes Me Crazy is a bit controversial. many people HATE it but i don't mind it. most definitely NOT a single but i think it's fine enough for an album track.

Fight For It was apparently dropped from the album once she got permission to include All Of You. Frankly she should have dropped Rescue Me or Forever.

I think Children is cheesy but had they cut the horrible children choir, it would have been ok. it's full on 80s teen movie when there was some goofy montage action sequence of the nerds and the dweebs finally overcoming the stuck up snooty girls and jocks, to triumph in the climax of the movie. but it's not terrible - at least it had some potential.
I don’t consider “We Are The Children” would ever have been ok lol.
I think “Telephone” one of the best songs she cut in the 80’s. Her voice is high, but soulful and expressive. “Rescue Me” is utterly devoid of any soul or feeling whatsoever when compared to the terrific version by Fontella Bass.
“”All Of You” only became popular owing to the fact it featured the immensely popular Inglesias. It would otherwise have fallen flat.
The rest with the exception of “SA”, “Missing You” and perhaps “Touch” [[if you like bubblegum pop) sounds flat and uninspired
The album garnered terrible reviews, with esteemed Motown historian and author Sharon Davis commenting “Why does she keep recording these awful songs”.
I’m with Sharon on that one.