Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
I read this the other evening. I think it will be hard for some fans to accept this but the best evidence is from Valerie and this is what she says and I think we must accept it.
I agree with RossHolloway. Why would Marvin Gaye make up some complete lie? Out of everyone at Motown, he loved and cared for Tammi the most. Do you think he would just make up some story? I have strong feeling that Marvin wouldn't lie about these recordings. Just because Valerie says it's not her doesn't mean it's completely true and that we should accept it. Plus, take a look at the Complete Motown Singles and the recording information regarding the singles from the "Easy" album. If you notice, it tells you when Marvin recorded his leads, but nowhere does it mention Tammi's name. It just states "Vocals." Now, if you go back to the actual Marvin and Tammi singles from 1967 and 1968, you'll notice that the recording information lists when Tammi recorded her vocals. The evidence is right there.

I've come to realize that the songs people question who are on the recordings are the songs people don't want to know the complete truth. If everyone is questioning if Tammi is on the "Easy" album and that all indications point to Valerie Simpson, why should accept Valerie's defense that she isn't? The same applies to several Supremes recordings where people question whether Florence is on the songs or not. If you're questioning it, then that's saying a lot right there. Evidence is right there on the tapes.