Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
I understand where you're coming from, but I don't believe that's the case at all. As others have stated, sometimes parents have strengths that may be great to the development of one child and not the other. Does that make them a terrible person and parent? No and they shouldn't be measured on how good of a person they are if a child happens to fall through the cracks or if they become a saint.

Diana has shown her children are the important things in her life and she's done a great job in raising five great people. It's clear her love and nurturing has played a huge part in their development and who they've become and speaks to who she is as a mother. Should we measure her purely based on on how her kids came out? No. There are other dimensions to her as a person like all of us. She's human like the rest of us where we are strong is some areas of life and weak on others.
Yes I totally agree on not measuring Diana on her kids only.

I actually was not making my comments with respect to Diana Ross; I was making them based on my own life and I’m not saying that being an arrogant dickhead. I had a pretty decent career and did fairly well - most of you know what I worked at.

But if I’d fucked up raising my kids, I would have been unbearably disappointed. But definitely it’s only one aspect of a life.

I guess how I feel causes me to always wonder why people as professionally successful as Gladys and Aretha so often complained about so many people and so many things.

But definitely children are only one factor in a life and sometimes things go wrong for the best of parents; I had several clients who had a child that became a victim of the opioid crisis and Mom and Dad were the best of people.

All this is only peripheral to Diana Ross but perhaps is about Reflections.