[REMOVE ADS]

Truly sorry to hear about yet another loss in the Motown Family. RIP Joe Messina.

Joe was the best there was. As a musician and a human being. This world was a better place with him in it. He will be missed.
    Last edited by ralpht; 04-04-2022 at 05:35 PM.

Sweetest guy on the planet!
    Rest easy, dear friend ...thank you for the music!!

Thank you for your kindness and musical gift. Rest In Peace

Name:  A484E0DC-3285-4A02-83F1-E9B69C1527A3.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  17.3 KB
    Last edited by 1382hitsville; 04-04-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    Joe was the best there was. As a musician and a human being. This world was a better place with him in it. He will be missed.
    I agree

edafan

To have lived such a productive life and left your indelible mark on the world is something that is truly amazing and only achieved by a select few. His name and his body of work will ensure his imortality...RIP

I remember right after Standing In The Shadows Of Motown a group of us were at Subu's on a Sunday night [[Ralph, you would know them.....among them was the Count, Soulaholic & others). We were sitting there, I turned & who's almost next to me was Joe Messina & his wife! A true gentleman! Huge talent! He'll be right at home playing again with Eddie Willis & Robert White. I guess that leaves Jack Ashford & Dennis Coffey.....am I right? RIP & thanks for all that you've given to all of us.

Yeah, Moe. Dennis Coffey and Jack Ashford. That is it. No more Funks. And so many from Soulful Detroit have left us. You mentioned the Count. How I miss the guy and his input on the forum.

Ralph, I think you can agree that the Count was one of a kind....

Without a doubt, Moe.

Nice guy

Had a chance to meet all the Funk Brothers when they played in DC in the early 2000's. Had them all sign my SITSOM book and when I talked to Joe I mentioned that I was from Warren, Mi. and he smiled and told me that is where he lived. Pretty cool. RIP