[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by homebody View Post
    http://youtu.be/8CzQkRJxoXo this is the night that when Whitney name was called they booed cause she wasn't black enough.I wasn't alive in the 80's but I wonder if there were actually black people saying or felt she wasn't black enough because she was too succesful or won too many grammys but I really feel that this caused her to pursue Bobby and do drugs.That night I feel still hurts her and drugs and bobby she proving a point to black people.
    I was an adult in the 80's and it sounds like you are getting the mentality of the 60's confused with the 80's! No one, anywhere I knew thought like that by the 80's and I referring to the Black community. I will go one step further to say that some people looked at Whitney Houston with pride when she would be the artist chosen to open many major award shows during that era. When she sang the National Anthem like it was written for her, people of all colors were proud.

Whitney's "fear" of not being "black enough" [[coming out of Newark, NJ and the Baptist Church?)is what caused her to develop a relationship with Bobby Brown and do drugs to prove that she was "black enough" is bordering on racism itself! That doesn't even make sense! In reality, some that knew her may have criticized her for being "too ghetto" but look at where she grew up. This was long before she ever met Bobby Brown of Boston!
    Last edited by marv2; 09-28-2011 at 12:44 AM.