[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    a lot of conditional factors in your science....

you use the word "reduce"..... by how much ? 10% ? 80%? .0002 %?
    Lots of science. LOTS on this. Everywhere. You can read it.

Does your 'science" provide numbers on what percentage of people who wear masks wear proper masks and then wear them effectively ? Also , as soon as one wears a mask more than once ...that 'reduce' factor you cite evaporates greatly...
    Again, yes. Lots of science. Not Fox News propaganda. Peer reviewed science. Your last statement is completely false.

Do YOU wear a [fresh] mask 100% of the time when around people . If not why not, if so - GOOD FOR YOU - that is your individual choice and it would be consistent with your position and I support you.
    There is no science that says you need a fresh mask for each new interaction. There is science that says how long before you replace your mask. You're presenting a straw man argument here. You're making up claims that are not valid and then presenting them as somehow a claim that was made by the science on masks.
    I didn't say vacs don't help, please don't misrepresent my position when quoting me.
    I deleted the post but you replied right away.

I decided to write a post based on the latest science about what we know. I'll go peer-reviewed science to peer-reviewed science any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Lots of science. LOTS on this. Everywhere. You can read it.

Again, yes. Lots of science. Not Fox News propaganda. Peer reviewed science. Your last statement is completely false.

. Why don't you make life easier and supply your facts :
    What percent of a reduction of transmission results from masks ?
    What percent of mask wearers wear correct masks correctly?

There is no science that says you need a fresh mask for each new interaction. There is science that says how long before you replace your mask. You're presenting a straw man argument here. You're making up claims that are not valid and then presenting them as somehow a claim that was made by the science on masks.
    Once you use your mask , you have to do this:
    Smithsonian:
    Virus particles trapped in the respirator will die off over the course of hours to days, so experts recommend letting an N95 or KN95 mask hang out in a cool, dry place for a day or two between outings.

A simple method for implementing this resting period between uses is to put your mask in a brown paper bag for 24 to 48 hours before using it again.
    Which I have no doubt YOU and everybody reading this does each time

I deleted the post but you replied right away.
    thank you. I'm vaccinated and boosted, my choice , I chose it.