Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
I'm going to sum up my feelings one last time, for everyone, before I officially make my exit from this thread...

We've all been struggling in our various ways, throughout this pandemic. I've unexpectedly lost some very near and dear to me, as I'm sure others here have. We've all endured many losses, hardships, emotional days, etc. To see one of my favourite artists back on stage in these dark times truly brought me some much needed joy. I suppose I came into this thread, foolishly expecting others to unanimously feel the same, without further comment. However, I instead found the various opinions expressed herein to be discouraging to me personally. I let this get the best of me and took it more personally than I should have, because I let these opinions strike a nerve, instead of focusing on my own feelings of joy. That being said, while my subsequent posts were not meant to single any particular person out, I genuinely offer my apologies to all, for unnecessarily adding fuel to the fire and going on the attack. I normally do try to stay out of such back and forths, and this is why I've been posting on this forum for over 15 years, using my real name, because I choose to stay accountible to myself, in regards to remaining respectful and tactful. Of course you are all fans of Ms Ross, and how you wish to experience your own fandom is your business [[ie expressing opinions to others, as harsh as they may be), without any interference from me or anyone else.

This being said, in these difficult times, I have chosen to focus on only the positive. Call me blind or foolish, but it's what gets me through, hence my posts in this thread that seem to come across as unwavering appreciation or worshipping. These posts are not a true reflection of my mindset. Of course I view Diana as a real person with her own faults, just as much as anyone else. I worked for Mary for a few years and experienced that reality first-hand [[ie. Your idols are human). For instance, I agree that Diana should have done a sound check for this show, as it was noted by other fans on social media that she was not there. Oh well...

Take care everyone. Be well.
Carlo check your messages, please and thank you.