I received the below info in a forwarded e-mail about a week ago. It is critical of the release. I think the author is member here and associated with Motown. It wasn't marked confidential, so I guess it can be posted here:

Unfortunately, they did a terrible job with this. It's out of order and incomplete. They do things like cut after "Itchin' In My Heart" then go to other performances and then come back to "More". Many hits are missing.
They've included a few non hits but not many. "Always", and "My Favorite Things" are there and "You're Nobody" from 1969 with Ed Sullivan.
They include the hits medley from the final performance but then cut out "Someday" and end the DVD with "Forever Came Today!" Whose crazy idea was this?

Some [[not all) of the missing performances are on the Motown compilation but why couldn't they have just done this right? Apparently, they didn't want our input.

They bonus the disc with "Up The Ladder" fortunately not edited. Also, "No Matter What Sign You Are" is not edited like it was on the other release.

I guess fans will be glad to have nice copies of some of these performances but it could have been so much better!

Also coming out on Sept 13th

September 13th
Kitty, Daisy & Lewis – Smoking In Heaven [[CD)
The Supremes – The Best Of The Supremes On The Ed Sullivan Show [[DVD)
The Temptations – The Best Of The Temptations On The Ed Sullivan Show [[DVD)
Trombone Shorty – For True [[CD)
Various Artists – Motown Gold From The Ed Sullivan Show [[2 DVD)