[REMOVE ADS]

New Major Lance CD set - The Complete Okeh Recordings 1963 - 1967

Thanks PeaceNHarmony.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_june View Post
    Thanks PeaceNHarmony.
    Welcome! Are you an Okeh man? I love that label and its artists so this will be a definite buy for me.

Very nice to see the major get a mention,his okeh hits were a vital part of the sixties soul scene.

Here's expanded information about this release via: The Second Disc

https://theseconddisc.com/2017/05/th...eh-recordings/

We got a similar 16 track LP way back in the mid 70's ...
    Attachment 12916

This new release is 53 tracks!

Really?wow that's real nice, i've always felt that major lance was somewhat overlooked in the annals of soul singers but he had a very unique sound and most of his work is very good even after his okeh period...stay away from me-since i lost my baby"s love-follow the leader-girl come on home..just to name a few..major lance forever!!

I bought it. I also have that album that John posted..and that double CD pack released a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Digital-M...ds=major+lance

The Major will always have a place in UK fan's affections
    ...Along with Jackie Lee and J.J. Barnes , the booming rare soul scene of the early 70s we're playing their tunes at all venues.

I've read that the major was very popular in the uk,cool.

Might treat myself to this..got the previous double but it's good value ....

While we're on the subject,what's your favorite major tune? For me it's[rhythm].

I've got every track apart from track 18 disc 2 "I" so made my own version & not much point in buying, nice to see it finally get a release though.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    While we're on the subject,what's your favorite major tune? For me it's[rhythm].
    It has to be "You don't want me more"...an all time favourite.
    The early 70s , big club tunes on the Northern scene were
    Investigate
    Wait till I get you in arms
    The beat
    And those early tunes like rhythm, monkey time, um x6, Matador etc.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Yes same for me "Rhythm"

Received a copy of this today, only £10 on Amazon UK..great to play the old Major tunes...OK the early cover versions are not classics, but the original Major tracks sound great. [[ even if I have them many times over )
    😀
    Last edited by snakepit; 08-16-2017 at 10:44 AM.

"Rhythm"..and the Major interviewed by Dick Clark
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tv9QhQGs8U8

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  21.1 KB
    "Delilah" was released in 1962, and I believe he had one more release in '62. So, the dates listed on the CD should read "1962-1967".