Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
My take? Two plays did the Falcons in.......Ryan getting sacked & that holding call.
They were unbelievable in the first half!!! That Edelman catch was debatable!
Jerry, hope your dad is ok!!
Thanks for the well wishes. And you're right about those two plays. Execution and attention to detail are vitally important at this point. I wonder if DeVonta Freeman's agent is going to mention that horrible missed block that led to the sack when she demands a huge contract for him with a year left on his old one?

But to be honest, our first series of the second half was a three and out where they ran twice and had an incompletion. That was typical of us this year to be arrogant enough to think we can kill the clock with a big lead and a lot of time on the clock. I think the coaches knew that the defense was already tiring after being on the field for most of the first half and thought that a time-killing drive [[of which we had many this year) would be important. You could see by the beginning of the fourth quarter that the D-line had no legs and the secondary was a step behind.

And I thought that Edelman caught the ball, for the record.

It is what it is. After I no longer can taste the salt, I'll realize that this was the funnest season I've had since 1998 and all things considered, there's only one fan base in the league that I would switch places with. The glass is 3/4 full right now. We'll walk up to the mountain next season and hopefully know how to scale it again. I also expect the Fins to be much improved and hopefully, just hopefully, I won't know who to root for in the big game next year because I'll want both teams to win.