[REMOVE ADS]

Who remember eighties ladies

Groovin to this Roy Ayers produced gem

Yessirree! Awesome to see them here posted.

A great productional collaboration of Roy with Edwin Birdsong. Sylvia Striplin released around the same era a solo album, plus another independent single a little later.

First time i got hipped to the Ladies' album was when i saw a Japanese reissue on cd around the 90s. With the original Uno Melodic Label [[as seen in the video above) printed in red on the disc.

There also appeared a vinyl repress a few years later, which might be a bootleg/counterfeit though.

Not shure if Uno Melodic did any promotion for the group or if they performed shows. Would loved to have seen a live rendition of "Tell Him".
    Last edited by cozmic; 11-06-2016 at 05:47 AM.

I have some tracks by Roy Ayer's Ubiquity with nice vocals by these girls as "This Side Of Sunshine" or "Life Is A Moment"; some of my absolute favorites by this vibes player maestro.

Quote Originally Posted by cozmic View Post
    Yessirree! Awesome to see them here posted.

A great productional collaboration of Roy with Edwin Birdsong. Sylvia Striplin released around the same era a solo album, plus another independent single a little later.

First time i got hipped to the Ladies' album was when i saw a Japanese reissue on cd around the 90s. With the original Uno Melodic Label [[as seen in the video above) printed in red on the disc.

There also appeared a vinyl repress a few years later, which might be a bootleg/counterfeit though.

Not shure if Uno Melodic did any promotion for the group or if they performed shows. Would loved to have seen a live rendition of "Tell Him".
    Almost forgot about this one cozmic

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Groovin to this Roy Ayers produced gem
    Always loved this song!! Beautiful mellow groove.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Almost forgot about this one cozmic
    Awesome, the ladies telling it

Funny thing, in the 90s there was a single release of "Tell Him" by the group B-Boogie, on a houselabel called Laws Of Motion. That version is almost identical to the original. The beat might have been mixed louder, from what i remember when hearing it.

Cheers again glencro!
    Last edited by cozmic; 11-06-2016 at 12:44 PM.