[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Whippersnappers... I still don't have a cell, flip or otherwise. A lot of folks are mad with me about it but I appreciate not always being expected to converse when anybody and everybody wants to bother me.
    Simple: don't let the phone control you. You control the phone! Having a smartphone is great! I can text instead of talk, I can check the internet for the nearest restaurant, use it as a GPS, take pictures if I need, identify songs I want to know the name of, use it as a music player, watch videos and movies, post on Twitter, check the news, compare prices when shopping, use it as an internet hub for my tablet or laptop, check my database when shopping for music so I don't buy doubles, check the SPL of a place if I think it's too loud, and lots of other things.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Simple: don't let the phone control you. You control the phone! Having a smartphone is great! I can text instead of talk, I can check the internet for the nearest restaurant, use it as a GPS, take pictures if I need, identify songs I want to know the name of, use it as a music player, watch videos and movies, post on Twitter, check the news, compare prices when shopping, use it as an internet hub for my tablet or laptop, check my database when shopping for music so I don't buy doubles, check the SPL of a place if I think it's too loud, and lots of other things.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  21.1 KB
    Yes, Smartphones can do a LOT more than flipphones, but let's not make flipphones seem totally worthless. Mine can text, and access The Internet, and has a camera. But, of course, it's screen is way too small to really see things well on The Internet. I wouldn't want to watch a film or sports event on such a small screen. But even a smartphone's bigger screen is WAY TOO SMALL, for viewing entertainment. But, then, so are pad/computers and even laptops. I have roughly a 30 inch screen on my desktop, so I can watch films and sports events on a decent size screen.