Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
Bad Brains are a hardcore punk act from Washington, D.C. Most of their songs reflect the social unrest of the country. They were unique because they were a black American band that did punk rock [[they were originally a soul band). They mixed their punk with ska and reggae later on.

Joan Baez is well known unless you live overseas [[and I think you said you lived in London, Tom?).

Surprised you don't know Depeche Mode, they were a huge alternative pop act back in the '80s and '90s [[I grew up listening to them).

Jane's Addiction is not known unless you follow alternative rock [[which I have as well).

Journey was a big arena rock act in the '80s.

MC5 were so-called "proto-punk rockers". Their messages were heavily political and they were/are far-leftists. Their messages of anarchy were the reverse of the hippie-era message of "peace and love" in the late '60s. Mainly they're known for the song "Kick Out the Jams".

Pearl Jam is pretty well known if you follow '90s rock in the U.S. They had a lot of hit albums and were pretty influential, like Nirvana, since both emerged during the so-called "grunge" era of the early '90s.

The Cars were a new wave band popular in the '80s.

Yes are pretty unknown if you don't follow progressive rock or if you don't know their hit song "Owner of a Lonely Heart".

I remember when I was in college it seemed like everyone had The Cars album.