[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Does anyone have clothes kept 'for best' [[Sunday, or otherwise), anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Mine are more or less.....one outfit fits all occasions! LOL I have things in my closet that might be bordering on 'antique'? I was relieved I didn't fine any polyester 'leisure suits'!
    I did have a lens fall out of my glasses last week. I thought, oh, I've saved another pair and finally did fine them. I had to wear them out at the last minute to a luncheon until I could get to the optic center. OMG....they looked like aviator glasses! Thankfully, my friends have a sense of humor, but I did get some odd looks. I can't imagine wearing such huge frames....guess it was the 'style' back in the day. I should have had the brown polyester leisure suit to complete the look. I think my friends would have lost their humor at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  21.1 KB
    I have one suit, that I bought in 1972 [[yes, it still fits perfectly), which I wear to weddings, bar mitzvahs and funerals. I work at home, so no formal clothes. As an artist, I can wear jeans and a T-shirt at meetings with my editors, and at drawing signings.

As an employee for only one year [[engineering firm), I had to wear a suit every day. For 20 years after that, I worked for The UN, as a consultant on development projects in The 3rd World. I only had to wear a suit a few days a year, in meetings with government representatives [[I only had that suit I bought in 1972). In 10 years at Motown, I wore jeans and T-shirts or Pendletons.

Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  21.1 KB
    i have one suit, that i bought in 1972 [[yes, it still fits perfectly), which i wear to weddings, bar mitzvahs and funerals. I work at home, so no formal clothes. As an artist, i can wear jeans and a t-shirt at meetings with my editors, and at drawing signings.

As an employee for only one year [[engineering firm), i had to wear a suit every day. For 20 years after that, i worked for the un, as a consultant on development projects in the 3rd world. I only had to wear a suit a few days a year, in meetings with government representatives [[i only had that suit i bought in 1972). In 10 years at motown, i wore jeans and t-shirts or pendletons.
    robb ,that is why you're a legend...and my hero!!!!