[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Truth View Post
    I really enjoyed reading about you working with Norman Whitfield, Dennis.
    Yes, I love the records with Norman Whitfield. Dennis, you really made these records jump out at you from the opening chords, especially I'll never forget hearing "Friendship Train" for the first time, and then realizing it was Gladys Knight and the Pips. That blew me away.

It was when Motown finally started crediting some of its musicians on their LPs that I learned your name as well as several others. I believe you played on another of my all time favorites "What It Is," by Undisputed Truth. I loved that entire album, "Face to Face With the Truth" so much from start to finish. So much great guitar on that LP, especially on the deconstruction of "What's Going On."

Did you ever play with George Clinton, either on Parliament or Funkadelic? I have to think you must have. Didn't you in fact record for Westbound as did Funkadelic in their early days?
    Last edited by kenneth; 07-11-2015 at 05:48 PM.